? servers

? players online

Implied no crouching

• Content Count:  678

On the in cell order "one step out, face back and freeze" CTs started giving warning shots to crouching Ts, with the response that no crouching is implied. @Greggy G your name was specifically thrown, can you clarify for me?

Previously, before the crouching became popular, no crouching was never implied, just wondering if this changed.

• Content Count:  449

Currently with the order "freeze" if you were standing originially then crouched/jumped, it is warning shottable. So if a t was standing before taking a step out, then crouches, a ct could give the t a warning shot. In order for the t to not be warning shot, prior to the order he has to be crouching then walk out of his cell remaining crouching.

• Content Count:  930

Crouching after being told to freeze is not freezing therefore it desvers a warning shot, I do believe we have had a recent discussion on changing the rule to where crouching while being told to freeze is allowed.

Mainly becuase how is one to tell if a T was crouching before or after being told to freeze.

• Content Count:  452

Here is the clip of the incident in question:

One step out means one step out, not one crouch step out. I even extended a common courtesy hoping you would look at your t-mates and correct compliance with said order.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1654

It specifically states in the JB rules thread that

• Freezing - When told to freeze you are to stay in the same spot, if you were crouched stay crouching, if you were standing stay standing. You may look around unless told otherwise.

The orders were "take our step out, face your cells and freeze." I don't see where he is asking you to specifically crouch walk out of your cell in which you would freeze whilst being crouched once you take one step out

And yes, I was the one who told Gumline this after he came to me about you complaining to him. Just so there is no confusion of this

Edited by Greggy G

• Content Count:  1799

I don’t think no crouching should be implied nor is it implied. Since when is a “crouch step” different from a “step”? They’re both a step. As long as you take A STEP out and then freeze I see no need for any warning shot. If you’re going to say “he didn’t say CROUCH step out” then what if someone took a SHIFT/WALK step out? Would you then warning shoot the person who shifted out of his/her cell because all of the sudden theirs a difference in the type of step? In my opinion, as long as you take a STEP out of your cell, including if you were crouched, walking, or running, then it should count as a step out.

I think if a ct is going to have to go out of their way to make sure to say “crouch step out” it’s just gonna make the game more like Simon says where you have to follow every little niche thing the guard tells you to do.

• Like 2
Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  678

Im just wondering why this is even a problem at all, honestly. Cts will use freeze to maneuver around the Ts without fear of a rush. The word freeze is to stop moving, getting low to the ground in a prisonbreak situation as a nonrebelling prisoner seems like good rp….

• Content Count:  1654

I don’t think no crouching should be implied not is it implied. Since when is a “crouch step” different from a “step”?They’re both a step. As long as you take A STEP out and then freeze I see no need for any warning shot. If you’re going to say “he didn’t say CROUCH step out” then what if someone took a SHIFT/WALK step out? Would you then warning shoot the person who shifted out of his/her cell because all of the sudden theirs a difference in the type of step? In my opinion, as long as you take a STEP out of your cell, including if you were crouched, walking, or running, then it should count as a step out.

I think if a ct is going to have to go out of their way to make sure to say “crouch step out” it’s just gonna make the game more like Simon says where you have to follow every little niche thing the guard tells you to do.

While this may be your opinion, this is not how the rules are set right now and if you want a change done with this either make a rule suggestions thread or speak with your JB server manager. Again, and ill explain it more detailed apparently, in the rules it clearly states THIS

• Freezing - When told to freeze you are to stay in the same spot, if you were crouched stay crouching, if you were standing stay standing. You may look around unless told otherwise.

Meaning, if you take one step out, not "Crouch walk out of your cell, face the back and freeze" type of step, but a literal foot step of which you are not to be crouch walking then you should not be crouched when you are done and being frozen. No need to get into these dumb specifics of "one step means a step either crouching, shift walking, jumping or just straight up walking" This sets you up for failure when it comes to administrating as it become a LOT more fucking obnoxious to deal and explain a rule in which basic people can understand without needing to read the rule page of this.

• Content Count:  5375

Im just wondering why this is even a problem at all, honestly. Cts will use freeze to maneuver around the Ts without fear of a rush. The word freeze is to stop moving, getting low to the ground in a prisonbreak situation as a nonrebelling prisoner seems like good rp….

READ THE RULES. IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM SUGGEST A REVISION.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread