? servers

? players online

Remove this map from the server?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this map from the server?

jb_peanut_3vr removal

• Content Count:  678

The map works well on other JB servers because they will force the DeathGames, and in a forced DG meta, a map with lots of DGs is highly preferred over maps like Razor, which is popular on our servers because of our rebel meta due to its many simple secrets with weapon/positional payouts. I highly believe that comparing gameplay from our server to other servers would be more destructive to our meta than trying to make our own way, as it seems we've done all along.

jb_peanut specifically, seems to know work on our server for a few reasons:

- Even regular CT players don't know/don't care to know the map, leading to slower rounds where the Ts make it to fewer locations.

- Many of the DGs in the map aren't SG friendly (i.e. damage enabled, or kill on fail)

- The secrets are too complex for our playerbase (i didn't know any secrets until i did research for this post)

• Content Count:  1633

I wouldn't necessarily consider any secrets on that to be complex. The most complicated secret I can remember involved shooting 1 button, jumping into a wall, and walking through two doors. Once you memorize like two patterns you practically know all the secrets on the map.

In fact, one pattern activates two secrets at once.

Edited by Kieran
used necessarily twice lmao

• Content Count:  5674

The map works well on other JB servers because they will force the DeathGames, and in a forced DG meta, a map with lots of DGs is highly preferred over maps like Razor, which is popular on our servers because of our rebel meta due to its many simple secrets with weapon/positional payouts. I highly believe that comparing gameplay from our server to other servers would be more destructive to our meta than trying to make our own way, as it seems we've done all along.

Majority of the maps made for Jailbreak are going to have DGs, most Jailbreak servers allow forced DGs in some way so people make them like that. If we limited ourselves to maps that didn't have a lot of DGs, we'd have an extremely low number of maps. Most of the time, people will just ignore the DGs and use the other traditional activities like pool. Even maps like Lego have DGs, they're just ignored and not used. It's not comparing our gameplay to other servers' gameplay, we tested a map that was popular on other servers, realized it worked and kept it around.

jb_peanut specifically, seems to know work on our server for a few reasons:

- Even regular CT players don't know/don't care to know the map, leading to slower rounds where the Ts make it to fewer locations.

Most of the time CTs don't "know" the map, but it's very easy to read signs or just investigate real quick to find where to send the Ts. A pretty recent addition, ba_mlcastle_v10 has this problem as well, but people vote for it and like it. No one knows the layout of the map, Ts usually don't get very far from main cell area, but it works for the fast paced gameplay our server offers.

- Many of the DGs in the map aren't SG friendly (i.e. damage enabled, or kill on fail)

How is any death-game SG friendly? Most maps on our rotation have death-games, they're not SG friendly because we don't allow forced-deathgames and usually people don't want to volunteer. Like I said, they're ignored.

- The secrets are too complex for our playerbase (i didn't know any secrets until i did research for this post)

I don't understand how a secret can be too complex. Most maps you have to do research to figure out how to do a secret or find out from someone else. Take jb_moonjail_v1 for example, almost every secret is "complex" in a way. People figure it out and they use them.

I'm really not seeing the problems here that are worth this being removed. Like I said, unless some testing is done and people generally dislike the map there is no good argument here for removal.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

Majority of the maps made for Jailbreak are going to have DGs, most Jailbreak servers allow forced DGs in some way so people make them like that. If we limited ourselves to maps that didn't have a lot of DGs, we'd have an extremely low number of maps. Most of the time, people will just ignore the DGs and use the other traditional activities like pool. Even maps like Lego have DGs, they're just ignored and not used. It's not comparing our gameplay to other servers' gameplay, we tested a map that was popular on other servers, realized it worked and kept it around.

This has merit, CTs will typically ignore DGs. However, because this map is being brought into question, I believe that there is something that isn't working or else the map would be played as much as our less popular maps (clouds, spyvsspy, lego)

Most of the time CTs don't "know" the map, but it's very easy to read signs or just investigate real quick to find where to send the Ts. A pretty recent addition, ba_mlcastle_v10 has this problem as well, but people vote for it and like it. No one knows the layout of the map, Ts usually don't get very far from main cell area, but it works for the fast paced gameplay our server offers.

mlcastle suffers from the same problems as peanut actually, I'm glad you brought it up. Pool, outside, soccer. These are essentially the only orders given on these two maps, and yes, admittedly these are also similar to orders given on maps like vip and razor, but the difference lies in what happens after the order is given. There lacks ways for the Ts to rebel on castle and peanut, whereas on our other popular maps, after those cookie cutter orders are given the fight has only just begun. Ts get scouts, deagles, sometimes even awps, and the CTs work to regain control. On peanut, the CTs never lose control because there isn't weaponry besides knifing a CT.

How is any death-game SG friendly? Most maps on our rotation have death-games, they're not SG friendly because we don't allow forced-deathgames and usually people don't want to volunteer. Like I said, they're ignored.

Teleporter DGs are SG friendly. This said, "true" deathgames still do have their place on the server, and that is when the volunteer system comes into play. Ignored is fine, though.

I don't understand how a secret can be too complex. Most maps you have to do research to figure out how to do a secret or find out from someone else. Take jb_moonjail_v1 for example, almost every secret is "complex" in a way. People figure it out and they use them.

After looking at the secrets, there is an obvious difference between razor's "hmm that wall looks weird, lemme try walking through, or knifing it", and peanut's "push this button over here and run halfway across the map to see it to fruition under this time limit + CTs tryna gun me down."

You are right, though. I would absolutely love to see clips of Ts pulling off these secrets and pulling a win, I just don't see it happening like it does on the other maps.

I'm really not seeing the problems here that are worth this being removed. Like I said, unless some testing is done and people generally dislike the map there is no good argument here for removal.

Closing statement: I not saying we NEED to remove this, I'm saying that our players don't seem to enjoy playing on it, and there is an argument on both sides, for removing it, and for keeping it.

• Content Count:  536

This map is honest ass. It’s enormous. People constantly get lost. Trying to get people to listen isn’t easy. The transport is buggy. For one, the MAIN elevator the one that leads to half of the map, kills every Player on it for some reason. For me, I have very low FPS only on certain parts of the map. The armory doesn’t drop guns regardless of the amount of times a T or CT presses each button. No one plays this map and rarely is it finished before an RTV. The only time I see this map, is when every other popular map has been played and this pops up as the first option in the RTV menu so that people like me just spam 4 to get the menu to go away which collaterally changes the map to this shit show of a map. Please remove this.