? servers

? players online

Face Direction Order

• Content Count:  257

So on JB when a CT gives an order, there is always CT that says "Take one step out of you cell, FACE WEST and freeze". Now this gets me really annoyed because all the new people to JB aren't going to ever pay attention to what the directions are on the map. People are always complaining about this order, besides the people who give it. Ts always receive warning shots and get killed just because they don't know that on their Mini-Map the white arrow is north. What i'm trying to get to, is that this order is unreasonable and should not be allowed.

Edited by angelo

• Content Count:  1583

Seeing as you can tell people to face cells, it would make logical sense that you can tell people to face certain directions, but I'd recommend telling them to face a landmark (medbay, catwalk, pool) rather than cardinal directions as to avoid confusion of less experienced players.

That's just my two cents tho, wait to see what @Wawa @Grateful or @WavY have to say

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

with the most recent updates some people have broken mini maps on some maps so giving that order can be unreasonable as a rule of thumb don't give south north west or east. give areas like pool, big cage, medic, or the wall marked by my marker.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  678

The rule as I recall was always as @Lokibelowkey said, tell Ts to face a landmark, no compass allowed. Since I've been on the servers, folk have started giving those orders, and I honestly don't remember why I hated them before, there isn't really a problem with looking at your compass and figuring it out. Heaven forbid Jailbreak actually taught somebody something constructive ffs.

CT: "face east" T: *whispers* "never eat soggy waffles, ok I got it, whew"

• Content Count:  5674

There's no official ruling on this, so I'm not sure where that's being pulled from. But, in my opinion this is a reasonable order.

• Reasonable Orders - an order that is straightforward, clear, to the point, easy to understand, not meant to confuse or trick, and gives the prisoners enough time to follow.

I suppose this is subjective though. It's up to the managers to declare whether or not it's easy to understand. I firmly believe it is and I think it fits pretty much every other aspect of a reasonable order. While not recently, there are a few old regulars that used this constantly and no problems were caused. Yes, telling them to face a landmark as opposed to a direction would probably be the best option but I don't see a reason this wouldn't be allowed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  356

• Reasonable Orders - an order that is straightforward, clear, to the point, easy to understand, not meant to confuse or trick, and gives the prisoners enough time to follow.

here

How is it an unreasonable order ?

If you can give the order '' All Ts take one step out FACE THE BACK of your cell '' then I guess you can give a directional order. A T can just ask how to use the compass and he will actually learn something. It's not THAT hard to know where is west and 3/4 of the Ts know how to use it. It's not confusing at all. The Ts know that they have to face west. It's fully clear.

Someone already posted about directional orders (here)

Edited by Soul

• Content Count:  3740

with the most recent updates some people have broken mini maps on some maps so giving that order can be unreasonable as a rule of thumb don't give south north west or east. give areas like pool, big cage, medic, or the wall marked by my marker.

Please report any maps that have broken radars/compass here so myself, Grateful, or Wavy can take a look at them.

Orders that use cardinal directions (face east, west, etc.) are currently not unreasonable orders and are allowed. This will be further looked into pending maps with broken radars.

Now, here's a side question though.

If a CT tells a prisoner to face south or north, would it be right or would it be wrong for the prisoner to look down at their feet or up at the sky/ceiling?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

If a CT tells a prisoner to face south or north, would it be right or would it be wrong for the prisoner to look down at their feet or up at the sky/ceiling?

the ct is forcing an x/z orientation, the y is unrestricted unless the ct says so, I don't believe this is pertinent.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

??????

There is a map on CS:GO which does not change based on where you are, the directions are always the same..

Lol.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.