? servers

? players online

Forum Access

• Content Count:  5674

Hey, so currently when you're not logged into the website you have a weird limit to your access. You can't view admin application threads or even the post pictures of yourself thread. You're also, for some reason, not able to see the awards someone has when viewing a post by them. I think when someone is viewing the website without an account they should be able to freely explore and also see all the features, such as awards.

I guess it's kind of hard to justify this but it's just weird because other forums don't work like that. Would be nice if this could get fixed, if it's simple enough.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

It makes sense that sensitive information, such as pictures of our members, would be blocked to people who aren't logged in, but I'm sure the specific content that can and can't be seen could be revised. For instance, when you are banned, you can't see the last reply to your appeal without creating a new account or having someone else send it to you.

• Content Count:  5674

It makes sense that sensitive information, such as pictures of our members, would be blocked to people who aren't logged in, but I'm sure the specific content that can and can't be seen could be revised. For instance, when you are banned, you can't see the last reply to your appeal without creating a new account or having someone else send it to you.

Sorry, I was definitely a bit misleading with the original post. They didn't specifically block the post pictures of yourself thread, you can't view any introduce yourself threads. That's just the thread I attempted to view.

I don't really see the argument for the pictures of our members thing, since someone can easily make a forum account and see them, but wanted to clarify that.

• Content Count:  11501

There’s a couple reasons behind it - namely encouraging people to create accounts and to have some tiny form of privacy from bots gathering data. Thanks for the suggestion, but there’s not really an incentive to change it. But yeah, it’s definitely intentional.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread