? servers

? players online

Should the SG Server be prime only?

• Content Count:  60

I think the server should not be prime as it will allow players to join the server!

Command: sv_prime_accounts_only (0/1)

Pros:

- Block trolls/toxic players

- Block Hackers?

Cons:

- Block New Players

- force new players that want to play pay 15 dollar for prime

Well, give me your opinion on this topic.

Edited by DKN

• Content Count:  6759

While it's great for reducing hackers and trolls, I'd rather not be prime only because we'd hinder our chances of increasing our community in size. I want an influx of newcomers trying out our servers, not to drive them away. We'd only decrease traffic with this cvar. It may make it a pain in the ass to admin too, but that's why our admins are equipped with the tools needed to take swift action.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  678

it would seem like asking a bit much to tell players they need to spend 15$ to play on our servers.

I've heard that getting an account to 21 and attaching a phone number also gets you prime, but is it the same? Either way, we thrive on new players joining, so voluntarily blocking any traffic seems like a poor idea

• Like 2
Edited by Enderspine
grammar

• Content Count:  257

This really is not a bad idea, and I totally see where you're coming from. Also, this could potentially make the community drastically decrease in size, and just like what Enderspine said, it would basically just cost 15$ to play on our servers yet A LOT of other servers are free to play. This post could really make an argument though :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

To me, this update opens a pretty clear loophole that anyone with half a brain, a VPN, new account and hacks could grief the servers super fucking badly.

I don't think it's an awful idea to give it a shot, but I think the whole idea that being overly optimistic about people's future actions and that the door NEEDS to be left open to new players is ridiculous. When you think about something should be changed, you have to think about how that could be exploited and in it's worst scenario how badly it could be. Whether or not the servers are prime, it would probably bewilder you guys or any other community for that matter not placing some time restraint based on someones playtime in CS:GO or some other general indicator that they aren't some dickhead coming to grief.

Another point I'd like to touch on is that while it's awesome that admins are equipped to deal with the bad dudes, the admins are not there for a pretty large minority of situations (depending on the day even majority) and arguably enough that doing this just for more players might not be a great idea.. Leave it to Valve to do this shit to their game anyway, guess more kids to buy crates and skins for the holiday season and no thought put into how dumb this move is given their dogshit anti-cheat and reliance on Overwatch to make up for it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  84

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was playing TTT(The only steam-gamers server I play). The gameplay was fantastic. 3 people were shouting racism. 1 guy had aimbot and walls on a fresh account mass rdm'ing everyone. I want to say that it took around 10-20 minutes to get an admin on to ban them. I get the idea that leaving the servers open could introduce more players. But at least in the TTT server it was almost always near the cap of 32 people in the afternoon before the FTP update. I suggest that you only allow prime members to join until the server population is starting to get low. then just change a 1 to a 0. It doesn't have to be permanent if it doesn't work.

Edit: Just looked at the ban list and all 3 of them were fresh accounts. Looking forward for whats to come in the future!

• Like 1
Edited by EpicFP

• Content Count:  85

After reading people's opinions on this I'm going to take a neutral position, however I'd still like to point out that on the TTT server, ever since the update the amount of trolls, hackers, and RDM'ers has increased DRASTICALLY (especially RDM'ers), and it definitely has taken a toll on the amount of fun I've been having on the server as of recent.

Reply to Thread