? servers

? players online

jb_summerxmas armory stairs

• Content Count:  5674

I wanna post again to go a bit more in depth real quick and clarify a couple points that came up.

1) The stairs are not solid walking platforms. The button is pressed once, they stay up for around 10 seconds, then they go back down. They move, they aren't solid.

2) The button is not a CT-only button, while this doesn't really change anything, it opens it up to more problems. If a T is standing where the stairs usually are and any person presses the button, they would then be considered KOS, that's obviously not fair.

This can easily be fixed by removing the button and making the stairs static. The map might only be here for a few weeks, it's still relevant. All I'm saying is that according to the current rules and simple logic, those should not be KOS for however long the map is on or until the button is removed.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  449

When the button was on the original map, I remember being told that due to the fact that the stairs are not always up (like they are now) that they were not kos. The people playing JB at that time agreed with this and eventually the button was removed and the stairs were left permantly up which made them kos now. Based on past precedents, i dont think the stairs should be KOS.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  712

100% agree with dominic they shouldnt be kos because they can be switched on and off making it 'not solid'. like dominic said it doesnt make sense to me for a t to be standing in an area thats not kos but suddenly is just by a click of that button. i also dont think this would be unfair to cts because the ts still have to walk deep into armory to get guns and the entrance is very exposed...its not like ts have guns right as the enter armory

• Content Count:  257

I say that they should be KOS. Just like Catwalks that lead to armory, and the VIP staircase that leads to armory, the staircase CLEARLY makes a direct path to armory. This is a great example of why they removed the button in the new Summer Jail. A way to fix this is to just simply remove the button.

• Content Count:  1020

So I'm not going to lie, I fucked up by locking the thread immediately and not allowing any further discussion on the issue and I am sorry for that. Now to carry on to the subject at hand, I did at first think that the stairs should have been KOS but after playing the map today and talking to @Dominic more in depth, I do now believe that the stairs should not be KOS in the condition that the map is currently in. That being said, the stairs are NO LONGER KOS and the floor to the armory is now the spot where you can kill Ts for being. Just to make this clear, this only applies to the version of Summer Jail with the button for the stairs. Again, sorry for the mistake and I'll try my hardest not to something stupid like this again.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.