Dong
    SG Member
    Name/Chat Colors

So I tried searching the "Steam-Gamers CS:GO Store" forums for a thread talking about this but I couldn't find any. If this is a suggestion someones already mentioned then my b.

I used to play on other csgo servers back in the day and you were allowed to buy chat colors, and name colors without donating. The difference of being a donor or sub/vip was that you couldn't set a tag.

I think that SG's store should allow non-donors/vips/subs to buy name and chat colors at a fixed price.

Whenever I used to play csgo servers I would be able to tell who was a reg by seeing if they bought a chat color. When I'm on SG I just feel like an inferior gamer if I don't have colors. You can make it expensive as fuck I don't really care but I just wanna have those dank colors.

Basically, let non-donors buy chat colors and name colors.
    let donors have a command to choose whatever chat color/name color they want, and let them set their tag and tag color.

nesquik
    coochie snatcher

The only way you'd be able to be a chat color is like with 100,000 credits because that would just make half of sub perks be practically useless to pay for.

Dong
    SG Member

Justin
    VIP

Montag
    Dienstag
    Quote Originally Posted by nesquik View Post
    pay 2 win loser.

The only way you'd be able to be a chat color is like with 100,000 credits because that would just make half of sub perks be practically useless to pay for.
    Assuming that the person buying this would not have sub/vip (because buying it would then be obsolete), using your number of 100,000 would take someone 1666.6 hours of playtime to achieve. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend almost 70 days worth of their time just to get ONE name/chat color.

Onto the actual suggestion, I really like this idea. Subs/VIPs are already able to use any colors they want, so letting regs buy one name/chat color wouldn't ruin that donator perk. Using gun colors as an example, you're able to buy one color and equip it. If we modeled this like gun colors, you could buy one color for either your name or chat at a higher credit price, and then our regs might be more inclined to play on the servers. A lot of our regs already have cool auras/trails and this would be a pretty good incentive to get them back on the servers without having to use their money. Good suggestion Dong! Hope this can be implemented.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Montag For This Useful Post:
    Dong (12-05-2018)

Gentoo
    VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag View Post
    Onto the actual suggestion, I really like this idea. Subs/VIPs are already able to use any colors they want, so letting regs buy one name/chat color wouldn't ruin that donator perk. Using gun colors as an example, you're able to buy one color and equip it. If we modeled this like gun colors, you could buy one color for either your name or chat at a higher credit price, and then our regs might be more inclined to play on the servers. A lot of our regs already have cool auras/trails and this would be a pretty good incentive to get them back on the servers without having to use their money. Good suggestion Dong! Hope this can be implemented.
    When I first heard this idea, I thought it was pretty dumb, but having it explained this way seems pretty reasonable. However, I'm going to say, as a long standing VIP, I would recommend that only name colors would be purchasable, with text remaining grey/white, and !settag remaining as a Sub/VIP/Admin perk.

nesquik
    coochie snatcher
    Assuming that the person buying this would not have sub/vip (because buying it would then be obsolete), using your number of 100,000 would take someone 1666.6 hours of playtime to achieve. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend almost 70 days worth of their time just to get ONE name/chat color.

just mentioning I was exaggerating the price of whatever it should be. Maybe something like the auras or even more, saying that for regs it takes almost 11 days to get 15k credits. Anyways this is a reason of donating, I’m not sure how higher ups feel about this though.

Dong
    SG Member

Thanks Montag for explaining it not like a retard. Sorry if anyone misunderstood what I meant by this. Montag basically summed up exactly what I meant by this suggestion.