? servers

? players online

plugin for gun toss

• Content Count:  712

i think we should add a plugin on jailbreak to gun tosses where you could choose your rules as a t before sending a gun toss lr. how this would work is when a t chooses gun toss another menu would show up saying the direction the gun would be thrown (north/east/south/west). then you would have to stand somewhere and type !border or something that indicates where you cannot cross before throwing your gun and a line would be drawn on the map depending on which direction you wanted to throw the gun. then finally another menu would pop up saying "would you like to restrict any of these actions" with a list of things such as "rocket toss, jumping, knifing the gun, etc" which would not allow the ct or t to do any of those actions during the lr. then the distance meter would show the distance from the line and the gun thrown to see who won. the loser of the lr can be autoslayed (maybe or maybe not, people might want the kill). i think this would reduce a lot of confusing and people getting mad for "cheating" in lr. let me know what u guys think

• Content Count:  35

Not necessarily against it but it seems like a lot of work (not sure how easy it is to make a plugin) for something that is seldom used. T's don't usually make it to LR and in my experience most of the LRs are S4S.

• Content Count:  257

Not necessarily against it but it seems like a lot of work (not sure how easy it is to make a plugin) for something that is seldom used. T's don't usually make it to LR and in my experience most of the LRs are S4S.

Gonna have to agree with honey badger. This would be a lot of work just for gun toss. Maybe they could add a rules section to LRs though. Not a huge problem at the moment as long as you type it out or say it on your mic before your LR has been accepted.

• Content Count:  1382

When I played a shit ton of gmod where I played pb for a good amount of days, the LR plugin had gun toss, just like in the LR room in vip_in_the_mix or the disco map, not sure which anymore but anyways there was an exact plugin like the one you described. Anyways, it should be pretty simple to create. I don't know much about programming etc., but You should just be able to measure the start point of the gun immediately after thrown, and where the end point is of the gun, measure the distance kind of like cl_showpos 1 where it shows your coords, and see where the bigger horizontal difference in each gun toss is.

• Content Count:  930

As of right now we are going to have a lot to work on with this new update, do not think we push these ideas to the side. We are going to have a lot of work to do on the plugins after source mod updates. As of right now that will be our primary focus.

I will keep you posted soon as I get a chance to get back into it.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread