? servers

? players online

I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

• Content Count:  659

This musical duo was formed in 2016 by ex Panic! at the disco bassist, Dallon Weekes, and a drummer he had perfomed with during his Brobecks time, Ryan Seamen. They have secretly been touring since their formation and had only officially released 4 songs on spotify until recently, when they dropped a 5 song EP. It included 3 of their previous songs, and added 2 new ones. As of now they have 7 officially released songs on spotify, as well as another on their youtube channel. In addition, they have 3 original songs they have been playing on tour that have not been officially released anywhere. You can find recordings of concerts in which they play these songs, though. Even though they only have 10 confirmed songs right now, they have over half a million monthly plays on spotify and they won an award from the magazine Rock Sound just today. This duo is going to blow up and I can highly recommend you give their music a listen

[video=youtube;3sTQu-AQM-Y]

• Content Count:  930

Pretty sweet band, kind of a funky talking heads style. They need more instruments tho throw in some horns and you have my next favorite band.

Sorry to tell you but a duo will never be that famous just not what people want.

Pretty sweet band, kind of a funky talking heads style. They need more instruments tho throw in some horns and you have my next favorite band.

Sorry to tell you but a duo will never be that famous just not what people want.

NgROk2l.jpg

m3EDsN2.png

Twenty one pilots has 15,000,000 monthly listeners on spotify and their current tour is incredibly popular. The vast majority of venues sold out within the first few hours their tour was announced and above is a picture of them completely filling Capitol One Arena. I'm not quite sure the occupancy of the arena for a concert, but it is 20,000 for a hockey game and around 1/4 of the seats behind the stage are not available during a concert. Along with the pit, I'd estimate it to be ~15,000.

To say that a musical duo cannot be popular is a complete fallacy, why would someone care that their favorite music is only being made by two people? It sounds the same as it would with four people or one person.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  930

NgROk2l.jpg

m3EDsN2.png

Twenty one pilots has 15,000,000 monthly listeners on spotify and their current tour is incredibly popular. The vast majority of venues sold out within the first few hours their tour was announced and above is a picture of them completely filling Capitol One Arena. I'm not quite sure the occupancy of the arena for a concert, but it is 20,000 for a hockey game and around 1/4 of the seats behind the stage are not available during a concert. Along with the pit, I'd estimate it to be ~15,000.

To say that a musical duo cannot be popular is a complete fallacy, why would someone care that their favorite music is only being made by two people? It sounds the same as it would with four people or one person.

Different concept of music first of all, they play way more then just bass and drums...

They play live music improvision is a big factor compared to just recordings in the studio the people do not want to listen to studio music at a live show. The first band just sits in a studio and records.

Edited by Grateful

Different concept of music first of all, they play way more then just bass and drums...

They play live music improvision is a big factor compared to just recordings in the studio the people do not want to listen to studio music at a live show. The first band just sits in a studio and records.

???????

IDKHOW only had FOUR songs on spotify up until 3 weeks ago, their entire popularity is built off of touring.

Here's a video of an entire concert from over a year ago, when they only had ONE song on spotify which had released less than a month earlier. It's a small venue, but you can tell from the screaming and singing from the crowd that the place must be packed. If you listen to the music, the majority of the sound is coming from dallon and ryan. Ryan uses tambourines, as well as the drum and dallon uses a uke in one or two songs when he is not using the bass.

Tyler uses a uke, a bass in ONE song, and the piano. Josh I think only plays the drums. Yes, twenty one pilots has one more important instrument in their shows that Tyler actually plays live, that being the piano, but their songs are usually BASED on the piano. All of the songs IDKHOW plays are based on the bass or uke. The piano is really the only important instrument present in their songs that could be played live, which they chose not to. Yes, most songs feature the guitar, but it is mostly drowned out by the bass, which is the center of the vast majority of their song, along with synthetics.

BTW lights go down, and Mr. Sinister are two of their original unreleased songs and are played in that video of the concert if anyone wants to listen to them

Edited by GhostTitanium

Reply to Thread