? servers

? players online

A Proposal to Stop Draws

• Content Count:  416

So recently on jailbreak, I have been experiencing a lot of stalemates between the T's and CT's. While I could understand maybe one or two draws per map, I have been experiencing at least three and up. The amount of draws really damages the experience of the semi fast-paced environment we have on the server. The terrorists who rebel at the start of the round are punished by having to wait out 3 or 4 minutes every time for a new round to start, while the remaining 4-5 T's at the last two minutes of the game after all the rebellers are dead just sit around. A lot of the time when there are 4 T's left one of the CT's ask the T's if anyone wants to slay so that LR's can take place; finish the round.

The rounds always end in three ways:

1. A win from the terrorists by killing the counter-terrorists.

2. A win from the counter-terrorists by killing all the terrorists.

(this can be done either by all of the T's rebelling or LR's)

3. A draw.

(this usually happens when there are 4 or 5 T's left that don't rebel)

For the amount of draws to decrease, a change to the LR system is needed. In my opinion, the amount of T's needed to start an LR should be 5 instead of 3. I can't even remember the last time where I was in a situation where I had to type !lr in chat (while this may be because I rebel a lot, when I am dead I don't see LR's being used at the end of the round). Usually when there are 6 T's left, it rarely occurs where one of them won't die. But when there are 5 or less T's left, the remaining T's are usually outnumbered by the CT's, or in a situation where they have no opportunity to rebel anymore.

I wrote this in a bit of a rush so some of it might sound repetitive, but I hope everyone gets the point that I am trying to get across. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this (different numbers, a completely different way to stop draws, etc.); thanks.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  1020

I agree with the server slots being increased that maybe we should allow LRs to be done at 5 or maybe even more. We could always keep the rule of force LRs happening at 3 Ts if we do end up increasing it.

• Like 2

I agree with the server slots being increased that maybe we should allow LRs to be done at 5 or maybe even more. We could always keep the rule of force LRs happening at 3 Ts if we do end up increasing it.

Wow, I didn't even think about the server slot increase. Good point. We have more new players on the servers now with the increased server slot size, which means there is bound to be more people on T side who haven't gotten the grasp of the server yet.

Although in my opinion I do feel like we should let the CT's force LR's at 5 players if the LR's are enabled at 5 players; LR's are a concrete way for CT's to end rounds. If they were not allowed to be forced at 5 I think that the draws might not decrease at all.

• Content Count:  1020

Wow, I didn't even think about the server slot increase. Good point. We have more new players on the servers now with the increased server slot size, which means there is bound to be more people on T side who haven't gotten the grasp of the server yet.

Although in my opinion I do feel like we should let the CT's force LR's at 5 players if the LR's are enabled at 5 players; LR's are a concrete way for CT's to end rounds. If they were not allowed to be forced at 5 I think that the draws might not decrease at all.

I disagree with that considering a lot of people who don't rebel till the end want to do an LR. Either way I don't see a problem allowing them with more people even if it's forced. Of course, unless I'm missing something here.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  712

i agree with ray. ive seen so many rounds end in draw because 5-6 Ts are left following orders but nothing can be done because u cant force deathgames/force ts to die and lrs only start at 3 Ts left. idk if this is a good idea but im suggesting that Ts can "LR" at a certain number of them left, but they can also be forced to lr with fewer or them. for example ts could have the option to lr with only 6 ts left but they arent forced to until there are only 4. i think this way because for example when the rounds end in ties its usually the majority of the rebels getting killed early in the round while there are still a lot of cts which makes it harder for people to rebel. but if they are doing lrs they can have access to weapons and the entire map without being killed which might make them want to rebel. these are just my opininos but i definitely think increasing the # of ts for lr should be implemented

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

Through my experiences with the latest increase in slots I have also noticed a shift in round time, unless all the ct's are killed it will most likely end in a draw. Mainly because of the increase of players there are more players who strictly follow the orders or are new and can't rebel as easily allowing for more than 3 to be in the final amount of T's. In those situations since they aren't rebelling and they can't force death game the round stops to a halt until the timer runs out. Ruining the experiences of people who died, having to wait until the timer runs out. This change is an amazing idea to be able to start LRs with more people would allow those situations to end quickly move into the next round.

This change should be implemented to make rounds end quicker to allow people to play.

• Like 1

I disagree with that considering a lot of people who don't rebel till the end want to do an LR. Either way I don't see a problem allowing them with more people even if it's forced. Of course, unless I'm missing something here.

If people who don't rebel want to do an LR at the end, then what's the problem with making it mandatory? It just ensures that the round ends with out a draw.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  391

I'm pretty much in favor of what most have people have said here

Make the option for T's to LR at 5 T's remaining(or more, base on the amount of t's in game), allow cts to force lrs when there's 3 left. Seems like the only way around this problem.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

I'm going to let discussion continue but I don't know what I would like to do yet with this idea. I don't like the idea of having forced LR at 3, optional at 5 as it just seems a bit confusing. I would be for having it change based on the number of people on the server, throwing out an idea.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.