? servers

? players online

TTT Bounty Hunter

• Content Count:  432

With all the events going on with Jail Break, Mini games and ZE I feel like TTT has been neglected and should have some sort of fun event instead of Karma Competitions. I have talked to a couple other people about this event idea and thought I would ask the community about it. The event would be a much faster pace of TTT, a bounty hunter would be picked randomly throughout the players on the server at that time. The Bounty hunter in my opinion should be muted and gagged so they don't reveal who the Traitors are but anyway the Bounty Hunter would get the names of the traitors and he would go searching for them. This would make the Traitors to have to be a lot quicker and faster movements and figure out who the bounty hunter is before they become found by the bounty hunter. I think this event would be fun to see how a lot of the regulars and the community handle having to make a bunch of quick decisions.

Thank you for your responses on my idea. -Hunter

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2681

Its REALLY hard to think of TTT Events that wont ruin the point of the gamemode. I personally dont like this idea just because adding a new role to the game mode would would basically ruin it. The bounty hunter just sounds like a better version of the detective.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  416

Its REALLY hard to think of TTT Events that wont ruin the point of the gamemode. I personally dont like this idea just because adding a new role to the game mode would would basically ruin it. The bounty hunter just sounds like a better version of the detective.

As long as the bounty hunter is muted and gagged, I don't see an issue with a bounty hunter being added for an event. I don't think it would ruin the gamemode, as it would only be added for a couple of hours. The addition of a bounty hunter would create a faster-paced environment that would force the traitors to go around and kill. Maybe for this event, if we were to do it, we could completely remove the detective role during the event and add more traitors.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2668

Pretty much my thoughts on this as well.

The idea isn't bad at all though and it might be something we try if players want it, I'm not opposed to it.

@Exk @Im Sad thoughts?

• Content Count:  1194

Idea sounds good but it defeats the purpose of TTT, to me adding a new role would just ruin the experience for the new players that join. Having a bounty hunter spawn when everyone spawns and him starts shooting would cause alot of rdms to happen. I would suggest having the bounty hunter spawn in around 2mins so that traitors can have a chance to be ready. (If your planning to add bounty hunters)

Overall this doesn't sound like a TTT event but a mgt event.

Edited by Ned

• Content Count:  1423

I talked to you about this when you brought it to me originally, but I wanted to quickly write down some things that could be changed/added.

The Bounty hunter in my opinion should be muted and gagged so they don't reveal who the Traitors are but anyway the Bounty Hunter would get the names of the traitors and he would go searching for them. This would make the Traitors to have to be a lot quicker and faster movements and figure out who the bounty hunter is before they become found by the bounty hunter

So basically, whoever gets assigned this role gets to know who all the traitors are, but can't tell others who they are. My problem with the role would be if nobody knows who the bounty hunter is. The reason for that is because the traitors should still have a chance to take out the bounty hunter privately, and then go along with their T round. Making it so that the person who gets it is announced at round start would balance this mode pretty well. The way I see it, if nobody knows who they are, the BH could just go around killing every T that they see because the traitors don't know who the BH is. It would completely break the game mode because the traitors would basically have to shoot everyone they see, reason being because anyone could be the BH that's ready to kill them. If everyone knows who the BH is, the traitors can attempt to take them out before getting killed, while the innos would try to protect them. This would completely change the way that we play, but this way everyone can enjoy playing it and not just the innos/BH.

The only other thing I felt like adding is that there would need to be certain rules put in place for the event. If people can see who the BH is, they shouldn't be allowed to just shoot at whoever the BH is shooting at. The BH can still shoot near people like anyone else, and I wouldn't want to see innos spraying down other innos just because the BH decided to shoot near them.

All in all, this is a pretty good event idea to try out. If people don't like it, that's fine, but at least we can say we tried to have a new event. The karma contests are good, but we don't have any events besides those for TTT that often. As much as it does change the game mode, it's an event that we would run for an hour or two and chances are we wouldn't be losing new players for having an event. This doesn't really change the game mode as much as it does the way we play the game. If anyone has any ideas to add to this, please post them. I feel like this would be a pretty fun event to have as long as we put certain things into place to balance it.

• Content Count:  1671

Idea sounds good but it defeats the purpose of TTT, to me adding a new role would just ruin the experience for the new players that join. Having a bounty hunter spawn when everyone spawns and him starts shooting would cause alot of rdms to happen. I would suggest having the bounty hunter spawn in around 2mins so that traitors can have a chance to be ready. (If your planning to add bounty hunters)

Overall this doesn't sound like a TTT event but a mgt event.

What like to make another point. You have to keep in mind that as admins, we see admin chat and we do not want that being spammed over and over again during one round with the same message "I was rdm'd" and constantly going over and over again to tell everyone that there is a bounty hunter on the loose. If a bounty hunter is spawned after two minutes and if someone sees him spawn in, they would have no clue what is going on. With the amount of ignorant people we have on the server who are too lazy to even learn the simplest of rules, they would probably think its a traitor teleporting and instantly kill them on sight. Coming back to what Hunter said, does the round end after the bountry hunter ends? If so, that defeats all purposes of TTT because it ruins the gameplay for the other roles. I agree with Ned, this is a good idea for a MGT.

• Content Count:  85

This reminds me of the event idea I had for Halloween that involved adding a Halloween exclusive role, which I posted here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84116

However, I feel like this idea is much more thought out than mine and this, unlike the Halloween event, I feel would work much better and make for quite an interesting event. I agree that TTT feels a bit left out in terms of events and I'd really love to see this Bounty Hunter role added for an event. I understand people's concerns about it adding another role, as TTT is meant to be played with three roles, however for one event I think this idea is great and if it doesn't end up working out, then the community can learn from that to try to make different, better TTT events in the future. I see no harm in trying this out.

• Content Count:  701

I like @Ned's spin on the idea. If the bounty hunter role was assigned after a time threshold to a random innocent person alive still, it'd be a pretty neat switch up to the game mode. I don't know how we'd implement something like that, but it would be a cool twist to have. To counter the whole "rdming for teleporting" thought, we could have the bounty hunter a color just like how detectives are blue. (maybe like cyan? something bright and easily recognizable)

When hunter told me about the idea originally, I kinda assumed the bounty hunter assigned woulda been outed at the start of the round similar to how "x number of role" is stated in the beginning. If this kind of plugins possible, we could test it as a MGT and see how it plays out to get some kind of feedback and response I suppose. I'm open to trying it. If it turns out well, it would be a really cool addition that we could use for events in the future.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread