? servers

? players online

Juul’s

• Content Count:  697

This is definitely a step in the right direction, banning flavors that children will love is not only a good idea it should have been done awhile ago having flavors that children dislike and or avoid have it so that less children would try it. These devices are made to help people stop smoking this excuse that it isn't cigarettes is true for the most part, most e cigarettes have less nicotine in them but juuls are different one pod has the same amount of nicotine as a pack of cigarettes saying that it's ok for them to ingest is completely false and should've been addressed sooner. With the concealment rate so high it's almost impossible to fight this issue on the ground and can only be dealt with on the corporate level before they get into the hands of minors. Now I have done quite a bit of drugs as a minor so it is kind of hypocritical of me to say for people not to do it but anyways it is crazy that anyone would use a juuls unironically especially with the high nicotine rates it will most likely lead to an addiction in cigarettes or juuls. Both will ruin their life in alot of ways having the people around you see you slowly ruin your body and having to be around someone constantly smelling like that after a cigarette and the cost constant draining money from them. This change is needed to stop the epidemic of juuls but I feel like more should be done in attempts to keep them out of the hands of minors. Wrote this on phone so sorry for bad grammer.

Edited by Lokibelowkey

• Content Count:  1020

It’s good for the FDA to finally take action but the damage is already done.. There is already fake juul pods that have more nicotine and are cheaper, not to mention you can fill it yourself. I’m also sad to say I once owned a juul but got rid of it in like a month because I couldn’t afford the pods lol.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1421

Most of the nicotine addicted kids will just buy fake/cheaper pods from vape shops and gas stations. They could also move over to refillable pod systems where you buy much cheaper empty pods and then fill them with your own juice. Juul has created a massive problem that they cannot fix at this point. All the other vape companies started putting out similar products that are much much better than the Juul, so most people are just going to start using those instead.

Edit: To the argument that banning flavors will make it so kids won’t vape, I personally don’t think this argument is going in the right direction. I realize that kids starting vaping and haven’t previously smoked is a growing problem however if we kill the vape market you taking away the most popular cigarette alternative of all time. It might stop kids from starting vaping in the first place however banning flavors will most likely over time kill the vape market which I think is negative. There are many people out there that are using vaping as a much healthier alternative to cigarettes, saving many lives across many countries. Trying to stop kids from vaping should be more of a higher verification thing to get these products instead of banning the flavors. That’s exactly what Juul is doing, they are making it almost impossible for kids to get pods. Just my take on the whole issue being a retarded vapor myself.

• Like 1
Edited by Nimmy

• Content Count:  2579

Most of the nicotine addicted kids will just buy fake/cheaper pods from vape shops and gas stations. They could also move over to refillable pod systems where you buy much cheaper empty pods and then fill them with your own juice. Juul has created a massive problem that they cannot fix at this point. All the other vape companies started putting out similar products that are much much better than the Juul, so most people are just going to start using those instead.

Edit: To the argument that banning flavors will make it so kids won’t vape, I personally don’t think this argument is going in the right direction. I realize that kids starting vaping and haven’t previously smoked is a growing problem however if we kill the vape market you taking away the most popular cigarette alternative of all time. It might stop kids from starting vaping in the first place however banning flavors will most likely over time kill the vape market which I think is negative. There are many people out there that are using vaping as a much healthier alternative to cigarettes, saving many lives across many countries. Trying to stop kids from vaping should be more of a higher verification thing to get these products instead of banning the flavors. That’s exactly what Juul is doing, they are making it almost impossible for kids to get pods. Just my take on the whole issue being a retarded vapor myself.

From what I have read, the FDA isn't specifically targeting Juul, but all the flavor pods out there. Those who sell cheaper alternatives thinking they're okay will eventually stop, because it is a full ban (in convenience stores & gas stations, where it is way easier to get tobacco products compared to a tobacco store/vape store).

There is no perfect solution to such an issue. Flavors are, however, a huge factor as to why kids start using such products. Had flavors been banned 3 years ago here, I would never have started smoking cigarette. You don't need a cigarette alternative when people don't smoke cigarette anymore (or start smoking cigarettes via nicotine alternatives), I believe that's the logic behind such a ban. It has its cons, you're definitely right, but it's better than nothing. Regulating has its flaws as well, I'm happy they've decided to do something.

Edited by roux

• Content Count:  1421

From what I have read, the FDA isn't specifically targeting Juul, but all the flavor pods out there. Those who sell cheaper alternatives thinking they're okay will eventually stop, because it is a full ban (in convenience stores & gas stations, where it is way easier to get tobacco products compared to a tobacco store/vape store).

There is no perfect solution to such an issue. Flavors are, however, a huge factor as to why kids start using such products. Had flavors been banned 3 years ago here, I would never have started smoking cigarette. You don't need a cigarette alternative when people don't smoke cigarette anymore (or start smoking cigarettes via nicotine alternatives), I believe that's the logic behind such a ban. It has its cons, you're definitely right, but it's better than nothing. Regulating has its flaws as well, I'm happy they've decided to do something.

To clarify I was talking about flavored vape juices rather than tobacco, I don’t think the FDA is going after flavored tobacco where I live and I could be wrong, but that’s why I made the point that banning flavors would kill the vape industry which is saving lives. I’m also under the impression that the FDA hasn’t issued bans on these products, they have simply threatened Juul and other companies with bans if they don’t fix their shit. So Juul is making their pods only available to people who give them their Social security to verify they’re age. I could be wrong but that’s what I read and I’ll probably do more research later since it seems there are mix ups going around and I’d personally like to know what’s going to happen with all of this.

Edit: Just read the most recent article from the FDA on the sale of flavors for vape products, he proposed that they revisit their compliance policy and change it so that all flavored products other than mint, menthol, and tobacco be sold in places that require age verification and ups their online sale verification. I support this move fully, as long as they plan to do the same with normal combustible and non combustible tobacco products. It is absolutely retarded that it would be easier for some kid to go buy a mango swisher rello than it would be to buy a bottle of mango vape juice. This isn’t happening quite yet, so I was correct about the juul pod situation, they are making their changes in verification by themselves however they are only doing it because of the threat of ban from the FDA, which now is no longer a threat, however their products will most likely already be in compliance with their new policy if it passes through like it’s being described.

Edited by Nimmy

• Content Count:  13

We banned juul flavors before ar-15s what a time to be alive. Also Juuls are considerably bad for your health. A pod is like 5% nicotine of a .7mL content, equivalent to a pack of cigarettes. That's a whole lotta unnecessary raising of blood pressure for things you don't need to buy in the first place.

Juuls are drugs and drugs are... BAD

Reply to Thread