? servers

? players online

Lara, Panther, and Deadpool Models (maybe more) Not Showing Color...

• Content Count:  2187

So I wanted to bring to anyone's attention that I have been seeing some problems in regards to how I see the subscriber models in JailBreak. Before I got my new computer, I was able to see the models just fine on my old laptop. However, when I came on my new computer, I couldn't see the actual color on the models. The jiggle physics and the actual shape of the model showed up, but it just turned out to be black, as shown here:

qsNWVFA.png

This also showed up for the Pink Panther model and the Deadpool model (couldn't SS the Deadpool tho):

a4QeQoZ.png

I made SS of the files that I have in my folders and here's what showed up:

One for the Lara model

ivLO3kU.png

One for the panther model

q8SZFAM.png

And also one for a public prisoner model

6cbtdOp.png

I made some connections with @Snowy and saw that he had less files than I did for some reason. here are his folders:

One for Lara

zZaegtM.png

One for the panther

DnBS7fm.png

And one for the public prisoner model

CjlPe3z.png

I checked on my old laptop to compare both of our folders and it looked exactly the same as Snowy's, but I was able to see the models on there. I've tried redownloading them but to no avail. They still show up black. I'm not sure if it has something to do with new computers or what but I wasn't sure if anyone here was having the same problem that we were having. This could also be affecting the other models for use because I cannot see the Deadpool model either. if anyone can, please check in and have us know.

• Like 2
Edited by Frostbitten
Wasn't the Sub T model

• Content Count:  4441

I'm currently at work if @Dominic wants to take a look at this but I'm pretty sure Moon royally fucked a number of models when adding his anime one and was not able to fix it. I'll spend my day off fixing it if Dom isn't able to but I think we're going to be lowering the number of models and later readding new ones cause I'm not a fan of having the same shit for 3 years. Last time we let someone add an anime model to the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

Those are model files only (the mesh), you also have .bz2 duplicates which are basically .zip files. Textures are in csgo/materials/models/... folder and are .vtf and .vmt.

So I checked the models folder in materials and none of the .vmt and .vtf files for any of the skins are there. Like, where it would say "lara", it wouldn't. Maybe when we're downloading all the custom files, they just included the model files instead of the actual texture files. I guess that was the problem.

@Snowy check if it's the same for you and post a SS if possible.

Edited by Frostbitten
Added Snowy for further confirmation.

• Content Count:  716

So I checked the models folder in materials and none of the .vmt and .vtf files for any of the skins are there. Like, where it would say "lara", it wouldn't. Maybe when we're downloading all the custom files, they just included the model files instead of the actual texture files. I guess that was the problem.

@Snowy check if it's the same for you and post a SS if possible.

Yeah it's the same with me i have no .vmt or .vtf files of the models.

• Content Count:  2162

I fixed the current models on JB

pink panther

lara croft

deadpool

public prisoner

public guard

batman

If any of the issues persist then feel free to @ me to figure out the issue. You may or may not have to delete a few files before something works but Im not entirely sure on that one so if you do then let some others know too!

• Like 8

• Content Count:  4441

I fixed the current models on JB

pink panther

lara croft

deadpool

public prisoner

public guard

batman

If any of the issues persist then feel free to @ me to figure out the issue. You may or may not have to delete a few files before something works but Im not entirely sure on that one so if you do then let some others know too!

Alright class, everyone say thanks @Cept For Her.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.