? servers

? players online

Advertising....

• Content Count:  235

So, recently I was on MG and @ImHunterIRL was giving out a warning to some people for advertising, curious me asked "yo diggty dawg what are they advertising that caught your attention that you are warning them about currently." Hunter said that Bethomey (an MG reg) was asking people if they want to play br_bridges after the map changes (he was gonna make a local server via lobby). My mind was fucking blown at that moment because why would you fucking cling to little shit as people wanting to play together, so I confronted Hunter and he said something along the lines of : Bethomey was trying to get people away from SG and to his server. But people always ask on MG if people want to play comp together even when admins are on. This made me wonder:

Can you ask people to play a MG map with you via lobby on and SG server and not get punished?

(plz halp)

Edited by Greggy G
Fixed his mention

• Content Count:  1381

I was on also, and I was mind blown that hunter couldn’t grasp this concept to be completely honest, advertising is like advertising another competing server, a plugin that someone made etc. If you want to play competitive with someone, idek how in the world you would take that as advertising. This logic is the same thing for local lobbies that don’t compete with SG. Same concept, just a different form. Both things involve inviting to a lobby. Advertising is like putting your crappy discord server, or spamming YouTube links or website, and most known trying to get people to join a different communities server, not inviting people to play workshop or competitive. It’s not another community server, it’s just playing the games that people want to play with each other.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

You can definitely invite the boys on the server to play on your private server. We don't consider that as advertising at all. The example you said with competitive is the same thing, that's 100% allowed. As long as it wasn't "boys gtfo of sg lets go on XXXclan's MG server", that kind of invitation is okay.

• Like 2
Edited by roux

• Content Count:  432

So, recently I was on MG and @ImHunterIRL was giving out a warning to some people for advertising, curious me asked "yo diggty dawg what are they advertising that caught your attention that you are warning them about currently." Hunter said that Bethomey (an MG reg) was asking people if they want to play br_bridges after the map changes (he was gonna make a local server via lobby). My mind was fucking blown at that moment because why would you fucking cling to little shit as people wanting to play together, so I confronted Hunter and he said something along the lines of : Bethomey was trying to get people away from SG and to his server. But people always ask on MG if people want to play comp together even when admins are on. This made me wonder:

Can you ask people to play a MG map with you via lobby on and SG server and not get punished?

(plz halp)

Okay for one it was a joke, I know you can always invite other players to go play on your own private Verizon of a map or a competitive game. I’m not stupid and I know the rules and I know what advertising is so for the second thing is don’t take everything I say so seriously if I was serious would of asked for an admin to get on or post a player complaint, I am sorry for being misunderstanding!

Edited by ImHunterIRL

Reply to Thread