What is your opinion on accidental headshots  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on accidental headshots

• I don't like them
    • I don't hate them
    • I have no opinion

Accidental headshots

• Content Count:  70

So it seems there is this rule that has come to be a very abused one in recent time where almost any time a person head shots someone accidentally they don't have to slay. Yes it may be an accident, but people should still have to make up for accidents. There are people who honestly did not mean to head shot and yes that is nice, but it seems unfair to say that a person should have to wait out a round for someone else's mistake and have no penalty for said mistake. While it is very obvious when someone is intending to kill people for no reason it still should be a slay for the ones who aren't fully intending to do it. Most of the time when an admin doesn't get warning shot they almost always instantly slay the person who killed them. The most crucial piece to this is the fact that people can possible be aiming for their head while acting as though it was an accident, which doesn't happen a lot but still should be looked into more.

• Content Count:  356

Let's say that the order is " Take a step out, face the back of your cell, and freeze " and the T doesn't listen to that and start jumping and running around, if he gets headshot by accident he shouldn't be complaining. He knows what the order is and he starts jumping just to get people to slay. These times I've seen a lot of people trying to be a smartass and try to argue about everything for nothing when the CTs are right just to get them slayed. Example they see a primary in front of them, they take it and drop it instantly and when the CT kill them they complain about it. We can see that they know that they would probably die if they pick it up but they do it and drop it instantly so they can force the CT to slay himself. I understand that some people will lie and they will say " accidental headshot " but you can easily know if the CT sprayed down the T or no. Im pretty sure that most of the time it will be an accident because the T is jumping. I dont think that the CTs should slay for that

Edited by Soul
Grammar

• Content Count:  1020

You’re never required to slay for a freekill whether it was an accident or not. We are currently trying to get rid of that illusion that has formed over the years of constant over stepping of regulating the server. Now to answer your question, accidental headshots happen so making someone to be required to slay after he kills someone on accident seems silly as now two people are sitting out the round for something that happens often. Now, if someone is “accidentally” shooting people in the head multiple times during a single round/map then it’s a problem and as you said yourself, it’s easy to spot these people. Record a player complaint or call an admin to deal with the situation.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  356

Yes, I know that CT's are never required to slay for a freekill but I personally think this is the best way for someone to learn what he did was wrong. A lot of people would just abuse it. They will say that they don't have to slay and they will never learn about it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't like to slay, so I think that if we keep the illusion of slaying, people would do everything to not break the rules so they will not have to slay. I know a lot of people that are trying their best to not break rules just because they don't want to slay but if they know they don't have to, they will stop trying to not break the rules and if they break one, they will never learn their mistakes. In my point of view the illusion of slaying should stay or we should just add a rule that if you freekill one guy you have to slay.

But I still believe that accidental headshots should not be punishable. I know that this part of my post will contradict a little bit but it is one of the biggest accident. I really think that if an accident occurs and the main culprit in this situation is the T, I think that the CT does not need to slay. The T should know that he is putting himself in a situation where he can get accidentaly headshot easily because he's jumping around.

Edited by Soul

• Content Count:  1020

Yes, I know that CT's are never required to slay for a freekill but I personally think this is the best way for someone to learn what he did was wrong. A lot of people would just abuse it. They will say that they don't have to slay and they will never learn about it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't like to slay, so I think that if we keep the illusion of slaying, people would do everything to not break the rules so they will not have to slay. I know a lot of people that are trying their best to not break rules just because they don't want to slay but if they know they don't have to, they will stop trying to not break the rules and if they break one, they will never learn their mistakes. In my point of view the illusion of slaying should stay or we should just add a rule that if you freekill one guy you have to slay.

But I still believe that accidental headshots should not be punishable. I know that this part of my post will contradict a little bit but it is one of the biggest accident. I really think that if an accident occurs and the main culprit in this situation is the T, I think that the CT does not need to slay.

The reason they should try not to break the rules is so they don’t get banned lol. As I said if it happens frequently make a player complaint or call an admin to come handle the situation. Requiring people to slay just ruins the flow of the game to which ruins the experience of of the whole server rather a single player.

• Content Count:  1420

so would it technically count as evidence to have a large amount of clips of someone accidentally headshotting people to ban someone

We cannot really give you a yes or no answer to this question since it really comes down to the admins to decide whether its intentional or genuine accidents. Just want to clarify something to you also, in your question it seems you're implying that if someone has a lot of accidental headshots, even if blatantly accidental, that if they do it a lot they would be banned for it which isn't the case. Said player could just have terrible aim, like @Ned for example :larry:, or they play the server for hours on end every day so it happens more. However, obviously if someone is having an "accident" every round then it's most likely freekilling so you should call an admin if you're not sure or record it and make a player complaint. For us to ban someone who is headshotting when they aren't supposed to be and playing it off as accidental, again it has to be blatantly obvious it is accidental for us to ban them.

I do appreciate your interest in tryng to get rule breakers out of the sever though, I appreciate your post and I hope this helped.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.