? servers

? players online

Fallout 76 - Beta Discussion, Release and Groups

• Content Count:  4441

VqRy8rm.png

I'm super excited to play Fallout 76's beta! I won't get a chance to play it tomorrow cause of work, but the following one I will be grinding out for 5 hours atleast.

This is probably going to tear me away from SG, my girlfriend, and anything else that is productive so you'll probably see me a lot less when this game actually launches on November 14. If anyone else is getting the game let me know so we can group or feel free to form your own group through this thread.

Bethesda has decided that there will be "times" for beta, which is a bit upsetting instead of getting to just play for a few days or a week, but what can you do.

Here are the current times for beta assorted by platform.

PC:

October 30 – 7 PM ET to 11 PM ET (4 PM PT to 8 PM PT / 11 PM to 3 AM UK)

November 1 – 2 PM ET to 7 PM ET (11 AM PT to 4 PM PT / 6 PM to 11 PM UK)

November 3 – 5 PM ET to 9 PM ET (2 PM PT to 6 PM PT / 9 PM to 1 AM UK)

November 4 – 2 PM ET to 9 PM ET (11 AM PT to 6 PM PT / 7 PM to 2 AM UK)

For Playstation:

For Xbox One:

October 28 – 12 PM ET to 2 PM ET (9 AM PT to 11 AM PT / 4 PM to 6 PM UK)

Source: www.windowscentral.com

Bethesda released a statement last week about the release of the game and their hopes to continue improving aswell as to express their excitement. Personally this came off more like a "please don't pummel us into the ground" type release, but if it wasn't I'm glad to see them putting out something that is genuine (we'll see when the game releases).

They also just came out with this new trailer which looks awesome, check it out!:

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4441

Hey guys!

I thought I'd share my experiences so far with some of you without going too heavy into spoiling the game or hurting some peoples first time experience.

So I was pretty upset I didn't get to play the other day cause of work, but due to all the issues that happened with that beta so did a lot of others apparently. Today I woke up pretty late at like 1:30, immediately got on my computer and sat super excited ready to play! I initially got on and some dickhead streamer was being really rude and annoying to everyone in the vault. After that I met a guy that I then played the full 9 hour long beta with, we teamed up, added each other on Bethesda.net and Discord. We also hopped on SG TeamSpeak and played through the entire thing. Meeting someone right out of the Vault, to play with them for 9 hours and become friends is an absolutely beautiful thing.

Generally we explored mainly the area surrounding the vault (around and below), didn't get into anything too exciting but jeez did I have a fucking blast! We got to around level 10, almost level 11. The mutated animals in this game are fucking amazing, some can be very scary, and I absolutely love how much more difficult this game can feel. It encourages grouping but playing a few perk cards it can also make playing lone-wolf viable as well. I didn't play around with C.A.M.P or the camera all that much, but I did put a C.A.M.P down with my new found friend because we had to recycle some gear, repair some things and store some items. If you're the kind of person who picks up everything you'll find yourself slugging around, getting stagger-fucked by mutations and god forbid someone starts PvPing you you're going to be up shits creek unless you drop your shit and dip out of there.

To segue into that topic though.

I am someone who was really nervous how PvP was going to turn out, but the overall balance of the game only makes you want to PvP a little bit. I think they should probably fix peoples time to Stimpak during PvP, make it so the timer for a death isn't a group timer but rather for that one person, and it would probably make it more enjoyable if someone couldn't run to Stash their gear while you're trying to kill them either. I'm not a big PvP nut really, but these are just my opinion on the subject. I like the middle-ground they've hit, I just want them to flesh it out and reduce the amount of exploits and bugs. Towards the end of our play through we decided to try to gank a duo and it's decently rewarding for the amount of caps it gives, if you get their scrap, the exp, and the overall fun. I'm interested to see how turf wars turn out and how the nuke codes play into the game as we found 2 during our session.

Both myself and my new found friend did not find much bugs, there was some stuttering towards the start with the robots in Vault 76 but other than that the only issues we really had at all was with the PvP bug setting the invincibility to people in their group who were already attacking us. The game was relatively bug free in my play through but obviously my play does not reflect others as many bugs have been posted here, which is great for Bethesda! All in all I had a lot of fun, the questing was pretty seamless, I wasn't feeling too drawn away without dialogue and the world feels pretty full considering it is such a giant map! I'm really happy with how the game has turned out and am excited to how Bethesda continues to develop it in the future. If you haven't bought this game I would seriously suggest it, especially if you played the other Fallout games! This was an absolutely blast and would be even more fun to play it with you guys at SG.

Hope any of you who played had fun today if not..

See you in Appalachia!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  703

They just gave out 3 beta codes you can give to friends. So I have 3 beta codes for fallout 76, you can play on it tomorrow and Sunday. If you're interested, just message me.

Reply to Thread