? servers

? players online

iridescence Brockhampton

• Content Count:  4441

So I listened to the full album start to finish with @euro then another time this morning by myself. I'm not big into the group, but I thought 2 songs on it were pretty damn great then the rest of them I just couldn't enjoy that much. I don't like the way some of them rap cause I find the flow to be kind of awkward because the syllables don't line up, the lyrics aren't rhyming, and the delivery of it almost comes off like talking instead of singing at times. Kevin Abstract and Joba have good verses but almost everytime there is some awkward thing that messes it up for me. At times it doesn't even feel like rapping at all, more like reading a poem.

I will say this though, Dom McLennon is a great rapper. The two songs I enjoyed quite a lot were New Orleans and District. The three of them plus Matt Champion were able to make this album not straight-up bad. From just a logical standpoint I think a lot of the songs on here feel like filler and I don't really enjoy listening to 1:00 of chorus or just straight trippy lyrics unless it's great singing, a good beat, or decent wordplay- way too many songs on here felt like that for me. The entire middle of the album I was basically waiting for something redeeming and the only moment I was like "yeah this is nice man!" is when Dom McLennon started rapping cause his wordplay, metaphors and overall flow is just really good.

My opinion, my personal music taste this album is at most a 4/10 but I don't listen to this type of trippy, chilled back, sometimes forward-hard type music and the whole concept of listening to one group has never interested me. It's not awful in my opinion because there were good moments, the beats were pretty nice but I didn't find it to be something really great. Maybe as I start listening to the group more the dynamic of having all these dudes with different talents will make me feel less like some are outshining others by miles, but if Dom McLennon leaves that group for whatever reason I'd be a listener.

good review all ts but that time you said that ameer vann is your hero for what he did to woman and Kevin abstract should die for his sexuality really went too far. Not cool dude.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  331

But hey All Ts, nice review but the part where you kept talking about the holocaust and took full responsibility for it was kinda unsettling.

For some reason this is the funniest thing I've read all week. I think i'm gonna check out this album, now.

• Content Count:  4441

For some reason this is the funniest thing I've read all week. I think i'm gonna check out this album, now.

Read Anthony Fantono's comment sections lol, shits hilarious. First time I saw those memes I was fucking dying

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1719

I'm a big fan of the group. Their three previous albums: Saturation I, II and III were absolutely amazing having amazing production, beats and hooks. They had me hooked. This album, however, I didn't enjoy as much. Don't get me wrong, the album is good, it just feels a lot darker, grimier, and was not what I expected. What I enjoyed in their previous project was their different and creative way of delivering it all with such amazing beats and personalities. Tracks like GOLD, MILK, HOTTIE and SWEET were just so pleasing and hypnotizing.

Iridescence just sounds too... crazy and unstructured. I usually like their crazier and more alternative tracks like SISTER, but I felt like this album never gave me a break. Even when it did, the bangers like BERLIN and NEW ORLEANS just felt like they never ended... I felt there was a lower quality in the hooks, and that the album was much less diverse in the different sounds we got. I'd give it a STRONG 7. Looking forward to see if the melonhead agrees with me.

Favorites:

TONYA

TAPE

J'OUVERT

HONEY

WEIGHT

DISTRICT

Actively dislike:

NEW ORLEANS

Edited by Post

Reply to Thread