Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Black Rain
    am ded
    Tickets for pre-order opened up yesterday afternoon. Gonna watch do this shiz in IMAX

euro
    Banned
    Banned

@vinyl u still on with that date with @All Ts , I’m willing to third wheel

Black Rain
    am ded
    Quote Originally Posted by euro View Post
    @vinyl u still on with that date with @All Ts , I’m willing to third wheel
    Come with me xoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Rain For This Useful Post:
    All Ts (01-08-2019)

euro
    Banned
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
    Come with me xoxo
    Yes pls good bye louis

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to euro For This Useful Post:
    All Ts (01-08-2019), Black Rain (01-08-2019)

vinyl

[REDACTED]

id rather spare people of my anger throughout the movie

its gonna be ass

Neptune
    SG Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    i will no longer be the only fan of captain marvel

wow
    i can't wait to see it!

Fishey
    SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    i can't wait to see it!
    its gonna be awsomeness

All Ts
    Banned
    Banned

im probably gonna give it a shot by myself, but I think the whole guardians thing with the director tweeting shit turned captain marvel into this crazy "im with HER" type-movie to make themselves seem culturally aware and moral. the bad thing is that captain marvel, black panther, antman and the rest of those newer characters are supposed to represent the new chapter of the MCU in some way and I'm just hoping I can get through Endgame and if the rest of the movies are trash then endgame wraps all of the movies up with a nice bow.

melancholy
    SG Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by All Ts View Post
    im probably gonna give it a shot by myself, but I think the whole guardians thing with the director tweeting shit turned captain marvel into this crazy "im with HER" type-movie to make themselves seem culturally aware and moral. the bad thing is that captain marvel, black panther, antman and the rest of those newer characters are supposed to represent the new chapter of the MCU in some way and I'm just hoping I can get through Endgame and if the rest of the movies are trash then endgame wraps all of the movies up with a nice bow.
    i agree, but only to an extent really...

the whole thing about the "new wave" and "im with HER" stances on comic related super hero movies was something i felt to be an eventuality only due to the more popular and more intricate story-lines (from a marvel stand-point) were portrayed by a specific demographic (white male / females) as really an affect of the time periods in which they were originally conceived.

the prime earth 616 Peter Parker spider-man was made at a time where seeing a Miles Morales or Gwen Stacey spider-man was completely out of the question and with time we got their story-lines not out of necessity to pander to only that certain audience (mainly because that wasn't as large of a movement around the early 2000s), but to broaden the scope of fans by giving some representation towards people who could identify easier with those characters but mainly providing more lore at the forefront to appeal to all fans.

while this cant be said by Hollywood's endless barrage of remakes and prequels used to that light to only pander, the first choice to a comic-publisher when making a new story-line for a character, existing or not, is almost always to make the story itself the drive of appeal, not by choice of gender or skin-tone.

thats where you get failed comics from.

for me it just comes down to these characters not having their time in the spotlight yet due to focus on more predominate ones first. the separate mediums of thought, such as social-political advancements and comics, have a natural overlap, most definitely, and i feel seeing the rest of these "new wave" story-lines that portray minorities in the comic-verse as just purely ways to pander is a very limited way to look at the vast and amazing world that they provide.

also like judging the book by the cover, really.

at the end of the day, marvel is based around people in spandex suits, ganging together with their near god-like abilities, and beating up shit from alien planets, cosmic oddities, and themselves in some cases. they are works outside realm of reality and they should be kept that way if it means the stories can be enjoyed more.

while it maybe nice to tie in these events to actual happenings in the real world, it just isnt the only way they should be experienced and should be enjoyed with that sense of wonder and amazement that only they can provide.

tl;dr -

its not really a "wave", they existed way before sjws were popular and they have their time now in the spotlight.
    its a fantasy world, not everything is tied an underlining motive to push an underlining narrative based off social justice.