? servers

? players online

Warowl's new video features SG Jailbreak.

• Content Count:  5375

despite all t's college essay, I agree.

I don't want to join server anymore, because every single time I've joined, the server was exactly as the video.

Just a bunch of squeeking kids yelling at the top of their lungs.

You wanna play some actual PB? Well too bad, cause theres 4 CT squeekers giving conflicting orders at the same time, all the time.

You actually find some CTs willing to give it a proper try? Too bad, cause some 12 year old MLG kid just stabbed him in the back, or shot him from his cell

ITT: people who have not played the server in months talking about issues that have been curbed.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2579

ITT: people who have not played the server in months talking about issues that have been curbed.

To be fair, the server hasn't changed that much on that side in the past months. Sure, content was added, updates and time were put on the server, but the toxicity of the server without admins on is unbearable for many, me included. I think that their argument stands, to some degree.

!fo didn't curb the "kid shitshow" issue, I fail to see what fixed the problem from my point of view.

• Content Count:  5375

To be fair, the server hasn't changed that much on that side in the past months. Sure, content was added, updates and time were put on the server, but the toxicity of the server without admins on is unbearable for many, me included. I think that their argument stands, to some degree.

!fo didn't curb the "kid shitshow" issue, I fail to see what fixed the problem from my point of view.

v2sfi9X.png

Ed4LdEW.jpg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

These are the changes directly related to this issue.

• We added !fo, which while isn't used as much as we wanted it to be definitely curbed the issue of the server going to shit straight from the get-go and has made it so CT's aren't constantly conflicting eachother.
  • We created an automated ratio which a lot of the time helps keeping the CT's from getting out of control, especially when there is not an admin.
  • We have CT lockout now which decreases the amount of new players that can simply hop on CT the moment they join, this doesn't completely fix massfreekillers or otherwise shit CT's but it has helped a lot.
  • We have an extension on first order that allows the CTs that take it to simply type their order and it shows up in a message box.
  • We added noblock which stops Prisoners from screaming at one another to move and for the server to go to shit everytime they get sent somewhere that can be blocked.
  • We have a lot more admins nowadays then we had months, a year or so back- this one is pretty self explanatory.

There are many more changes related to this on the horizon but I really don't think the things being said in this thread are fair to the server, giving zero credit to the changes we've made and trying speaking from a position of authority when they haven't actually given the server a solid chance to begin with. Just short of muting the entire T side for 5 minutes straight you're always going to have situations where a bunch of people are micspamming at once without administration on. This isn't something that just happens on our server, it happens on ZE, TTT, and MG but not nearly as much as it's being made out in the thread. If you guys want to code us the SourcePawn Ultron plugin to deal with the issue, I'm all ears but we're going to keep doing what we're doing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

v2sfi9X.png

Ed4LdEW.jpg

It's not because I have admin powers that I want to go play jailbreak to admin it. I can't be the only one who wants to play a server to have fun, right? If I join jb expecting to have some fun and I find myself having to babysit players every 3-4 rounds I might get tired of it and leave -this stands for TTT as well- , you probably understood that part of the message but went for the sass instead.

These are the changes directly related to this issue.

• We added !fo, which while isn't used as much as we wanted it to be definitely curbed the issue of the server going to shit straight from the get-go and has made it so CT's aren't constantly conflicting eachother.
  • We created an automated ratio which a lot of the time helps keeping the CT's from getting out of control, especially when there is not an admin.
  • We have CT lockout now which decreases the amount of new players that can simply hop on CT the moment they join, this doesn't completely fix massfreekillers or otherwise shit CT's but it has helped a lot.
  • We have an extension on first order that allows the CTs that take it to simply type their order and it shows up in a message box.
  • We added noblock which stops Prisoners from screaming at one another to move and for the server to go to shit everytime they get sent somewhere that can be blocked.
  • We have a lot more admins nowadays then we had months, a year or so back- this one is pretty self explanatory.

There are many more changes related to this on the horizon but I really don't think the things being said in this thread are fair to the server, giving zero credit to the changes we've made and trying speaking from a position of authority when they haven't actually given the server a solid chance to begin with. Just short of muting the entire T side for 5 minutes straight you're always going to have situations where a bunch of people are micspamming at once without administration on. This isn't something that just happens on our server, it happens on ZE, TTT, and MG but not nearly as much as it's being made out in the thread. If you guys want to code us the SourcePawn Ultron plugin to deal with the issue, I'm all ears but we're going to keep doing what we're doing.

Changes 2, 3, and 5 don't affect micspamming in the slightest. I feel like you felt personally attacked by old players commenting on why they quit playing those servers. Nobody is discrediting your work, nobody has criticized the time you've spent on the server. Don't confuse how people feel when they hop on an admin-less server to what they think of the changes you've brought to jailbreak. I think you guys have been doing a great job on the server and you should 100% keep going that direction. However, it's impossible to have a server that has a younger playerbase fully under control and admin'd 24/7, that's normal. Don't focus on that. Like you said, we're having more jb admins than before, it can only get better.

• Content Count:  660

You're making an unfair judgement on our servers based off what is the definition anecdotal evidence and you're trying to tell me I'm wrong when I have spent more time on the server in the past 2 days then you have in the past year.

You are right i havn't played on the server in months. And the reason for that is the overal culture of the server. You might call it anecdotal evidence but JB used to be one of my favorite servers some time ago. And i've seen it slowly deteriorate over time. Also the video posted is from 9 sept , obviously this is not an issue that has been curbed. Thats 3 days ago so its still clearly an issue.

I will agree with Roux and say you guys have done an incredible job with JB and its definitely the server with the most caring administration. But sadly when there are no admins on , and there is nobody to watch over the server it turns into a fucking shitshow. And there is nothing you can do about it since you can't expect admins to babysit a server 24/7. And i think expecting admins 24/7 will never solve the issue.

You add amazing plugins to the server to make it fun but sadly its the core playerbase of the server thats simply rotten. I couldn't tell you what to do about it, i don't know myself.

but sadly when somebody joins a server they give it 10 mins ish, and after that a person's mind is made up. If a person joins the JB server when there are no admins on, then we lost a potential member. And it think its the same reason why i don't see many old members on PB we've given it many chances. But it isn't worth it, and its honestly a shame because it has so much potential.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread