? servers

? players online

Changing the Crossfire Rule

• Content Count:  416

During my time on the jailbreak server, I have realized that many people get mad at the crossfire ruling that is in place. The current rule is, "Crossfire is when a CT is trying to shoot a T that is not following an order/rebelling, and other Ts are shot/killed in the firefight. Most of the time it is not freekilling, but if a CT is clearly going out of his way to "crossfire" then he can be punished. But the vast majority of the time crossfire is simply that, an accident. CTs do not have to slay for crossfire". There are two problems that I have with this rule:

1) Many people use it as an excuse and can get away with it.

Example: Terrorist 1 (KOS T) is near Terrorist 2 (innocent T) but not actually in the line of fire for the CT to kill Terrorist 1. CT has bad aim/spray control and ends up killing both.

2) The crossfire rule is very vague.

Example: CT kills terrorist 1 but in the process kills 5-6 Terrorist 2 and doesn't have to slay.

In my opinion, there should be 2 base rules added to the crossfire rule. Remember, these are just my opinions and new ideas/changes could be added. If you have any, please post them.

1) If the CT kills 3 or more innocent Ts in the crossfire, then the CT should slay. The CT shouldn't have to kill that many other people just to try to kill one person.

2) If the CT (CT 1) doesn't end up killing Terrorist 1, then the CT should slay. Even if another CT (CT 2) ends up killing Terrorist 1, CT 1 should slay as it can be considered a freekill (and is one).

• Content Count:  4441

I was talking to people about this the other day about how I wanted to add an admin discretion piece to the rule, but admins should already be doing that. If someone sprays down a bunch of Ts in a really idiotic way to kill 1 guy that's not crossfire, that's being either really bad or really careless. Everyone makes mistakes though and that's why the rule exists. If someone can't handle that type of rule existing they shouldn't be on CT side, but I would also say that admins should enforce crossfire in a smart, non-abusive way.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  228

I was talking to people about this the other day about how I wanted to add an admin discretion piece to the rule, but admins should already be doing that. If someone sprays down a bunch of Ts in a really idiotic way to kill 1 guy that's not crossfire, that's being either really bad or really careless. Everyone makes mistakes though and that's why the rule exists. If someone can't handle that type of rule existing they shouldn't be on CT side, but I would also say that admins should enforce crossfire in a smart, non-abusive way.

I've been waiting along time for an admin to say this. ?

• Content Count:  4441

Added a portion to the crossfire rule that contains an admins discretion on the topic, this was how it always was in reality- but adding it as a clarification.

If an admin thinks your crossfire is excessive, purposeful, or freekilling they can act.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread