? servers

? players online

Fallout 76 Won't Be Available on Steam

• Content Count:  334

Same kind of anti consumer money whoring as epic games is doing by releasing the android apk on their site instead of the google play store

• Content Count:  4441

Same kind of anti consumer money whoring as epic games is doing by releasing the android apk on their site instead of the google play store

Not getting fucked by Steam = Money Whoring ????

They lose 5-30% of sales using Steam.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1382

Where is the problem you still can play the game

I didn’t say there was a problem, it’s just it won’t be on steam which will basically make the community less widespread in groups or friends I guess. I’m just stating it.

• Content Count:  249

There is some good in this but also some bad. I personally feel like this was a bad move as a lot of computer players primarily use steam. Now this will help with the sales and whatever but it gets rid of a lot of people that only use steam. Now like Fortnite it wasnt on steam and it blew up but i dont think that will be the same with this idea. THis could end up hutring them so bad that they could get so few players it would be better with the sales on steam. I don't know much about this whole selling video games but personally I feel like it won't work.

• Content Count:  334

Not getting fucked by Steam = Money Whoring ????

They lose 5-30% of sales using Steam.

That is by definition money whoring, I wouldn't really care but releasing a game through a website is a bad, anticonsumer practice because kids who want to buy the game can be misled by paid ads to fake downloads or even just misleading "deals", I mean we have all seen the amount of fake fortnite on Android bullshit sites, I understand they want to make alot of money, but this is Bethesda not a poor indie Dev, and I don't think putting consumers, especially younger ones, at risk of being scammed is the right thing to do.

• Content Count:  4441

That is by definition money whoring, I wouldn't really care but releasing a game through a website is a bad, anticonsumer practice because kids who want to buy the game can be misled by paid ads to fake downloads or even just misleading "deals", I mean we have all seen the amount of fake fortnite on Android bullshit sites, I understand they want to make alot of money, but this is Bethesda not a poor indie Dev, and I don't think putting consumers, especially younger ones, at risk of being scammed is the right thing to do.

Should every developer just use Steam and lose 5-30% of their sales to protect a few idiotic children? The amount of copies a company like Bethesda sells on games is right around the 5-12 million mark, so if you want to do the math that is a crazy amount of money pissed in the wind for nothing unless they come to a deal with Steam. A real anti-consumer idea is that you think that not using Steam is dangerous to kids rather than having actual competition and a healthy market. Literally google Fallout 76 yourself and look at how easy it is to purchase it. What the fuck kind of argument is that even? Why should Bethesda lose millions of dollars because of that only so Steam could further monopolize the game market and abuse developers into crazy sale percentages. Every game has their offhand knock-offs or phishing angles that target kids- that's just how the internet works and that includes almost all popular Steam games.

Your argument makes no sense in theory, reality, and it's a massive over exaggeration.

Reply to Thread