? servers

? players online

SG Talent show idea

• Content Count:  276

My suggestion is a talent show where everyone can show off their talent to 3 judges and maybe have a prize for the winner. 3 judges everyone gets 5 minutes to show there act 3 rounds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18217[/ATTACH]

Edited by deluxeJESUS

• Content Count:  27

Nice idea but i feel it would be hectic to do depending on ppls talents unless they record them and send them to the 3 judges and they decide overtime not like a event we do in teamspeak or discord.

• Content Count:  115

I love this idea! Depending on the act, I'm thinking that we can use different platforms to stream/audition.

ex) For music and singing, we can use discord/TS as long as the performer has good internet (so 40kbps codec actually works) and make the performances as live as possible.

I'm thinking that categories would be beneficial to separate the applicant pool. It might also be good to set restrictions on what we can define as "talent", not to discourage anyone from applying, but making sure their act is within reasonable standards so we don't get people slapping their thighs for an "organic drum" solo.

• Content Count:  1799

I love this idea! Depending on the act, I'm thinking that we can use different platforms to stream/audition.

ex) For music and singing, we can use discord/TS as long as the performer has good internet (so 40kbps codec actually works) and make the performances as live as possible.

I'm thinking that categories would be beneficial to separate the applicant pool. It might also be good to set restrictions on what we can define as "talent", not to discourage anyone from applying, but making sure their act is within reasonable standards so we don't get people slapping their thighs for an "organic drum" solo.

We have karaoke nights quite often, so we already do a music/singing event. Since the thread states "Talent show" it entails that people would show off their "talent" which could really be anything. The problem is how would each person display their talent? Which only brings up a few solutions, which is, we could use tinychat or each person would submit a video of their talent via YouTube.

Personally I don't think many people would submit a video of a talent or show up on tinychat. I definitely could see this happen in the future though and would love to see it implemented. Good suggestion to be honest, I completely forgot about it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  37

good idea but what type of talents would the able to show? there isn't much talent to be shown on a video game, and if this is supposed to be IRL most people don't like recording themselves and putting it out there.

Reply to Thread