• Original Damge Indicators
    • Both

[JB] Damage Indicator Feedback

• Content Count:  4441

We recently removed the old indicators which look like this:

4e49c034e5e5a5c37cbcb26c764a7b2d.png

For the new Fortnite style indicators which look like this:

c1511876f38bef2843cd8049afdbaa5a.png

We'd like to hear your feedback on this.

The new Fortnite style indicators are able to be disabled locally (you can make it so you don't see them with sm_hits), so technically we could have both on the server with the downside being that you cannot disable the old indicators which could look kinda cluttery. There is also a nice animation to the new indicators. The old ones were able to be seen through walls which might seem cheaty to some people, were a bit more readable but were a lot less nice looking.

Just a heads up that we heard you guys the past few days we have temporarily removed the new indicators and re-enabled the old ones for the time being while we figure what you guys would like best for the server and how it should be. Attend the JB Community Meeting tomorrow at 8PM EST where we will talk about this, all of the recent changes, and give suggestions to how we can make the server better.

We hope everyone has a nice weekend, thanks for any and all feedback.

• Content Count:  1634

I mean it is really cool to look at when you get a close range kill with the awp, but I think that's it. When I get kills with any other gun I can not see how much damage I am giving to the other player because when I hit people repeatedly, the numbers go by too quickly. Also, when you are hitting someone that is in cover you can not see the damage at all. Personally, I liked the old one better, but I can live with both besides the the mishaps with the new one.

Edited by Strayyz
Grammar Fix

• Content Count:  1421

Objectively the original indicators work better. With the Fortnite ones I can't tell if I've shot someone, how much it was for unless I'm close range. Which means its hard for me to tell if I warning shot someone, which is frustrating and could poteintially cause problems. Obviously the Fortnite damage animation looks cool as fuck, but obviously the old ones are objectively better since you can ALWAYS see if you hit someone and how much they were hit for.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread