? servers

? players online

Origin Access Premier

• Content Count:  1070

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/ea-origin-access-premiere-release-date-1202887506/

Origin Access Premier, Electronic Art’s all-you-can-play subscription service for Windows games announced during E3 earlier this year, launches on July 30, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said during an earning’s call on Thursday.

During E3, Electronic Arts announced that Origin Access Premier will include all new PC games from the company. They also named and dated four games: “Madden NFL 19” on Aug. 2, “FIFA 19 on Sept. 20,” “Battlefield 5” on Oct. 11, and “Anthem: Feb. 15.”

The plan costs $14.99 per month or $99.99 per year.

Is this something that interests you guys at all, $99.99 a year to play all EA games even the new ones 5 days before they come out (So Battlefield V, Anthem, all the sports shit this fall). It seems like there is a clear shift towards gaming as a service and it seems like there is some value in this program. I wonder how long before we see something like this on Steam.

• Content Count:  4441

After EA deleted my Origin shit for being inactive they can suck on my tiny nodes. Xbox Game Pass is $10 for 3 months right now, gives you more than 100 games (a lot of which are classics like Oblivion or even new games like Fallout 4) that aren't complete dogshit. Even then, I still don't like the whole game pass model. Buying a $99.99 pass just so I could stick my hand in the toilet bowl and pull out the freshest most disgusting shit on earth is a massive waste of money in my personal view. The few games that Access has that are worth buying are all indie games that can be picked up for a few dollars on any website. I hope Steam stays away from these type of services as I personally am a bit scared of consumers giving up control of games to a service and I don't really trust these companies to maintain these programs in a way that is positive for developers and players. I think the way of Netflix is cool in some areas, but games are not compatible in my opinion cause the level to entry tends to be much smaller in creating them. Indie games are already forced to sell their shit at low as fuck prices to compete, I feel like this will only perpetuate that even more. If people pump the idea of how much "Value" these game passes have all of the normies will never actually play the other games as much and it will give the companies a bit too much control.

Reply to Thread