? servers

? players online

How to Revert Steam

• Content Count:  4441

Here is a rant you can read.

Anyone hate this new UI? It's much more clunky and slow for me, everything is in places it shouldn't be and the chats themselves are obnoxiously formatted. I just want my fucking messages and a simple friends list.. Looking at all of the new shit is such an eyesore and really information overload. I don't care about the emojis being bigger, the ridiculously large spam invites. So incredibly ugly and doesn't even follow the art trend nowadays. I believe they could of done a much more simple update to fix things or add features such as the "invisible" feature, how to change your steam name, grouping people by game etc.. It also pisses me off that the groups I created are below the people who are playing games.

Anyway to cut to the chase, here is how to revert the steam update for now.

1. Make a shortcut on your desktop

74b9e11d1c232026927b390d3d6603eb.png

2. Right click on it, go to properties

97efbe23d36cb11156a6b4511ae65139.png

3. Add "-nochatui -nofriendsui" to the end of the Target field

05d448ff89d79cb83b306fa66722d8dd.png

4. Relaunch Steam fully

3db48f0c7e03751db3b3639662b1ee6e.png

• Like 16

• Content Count:  2162

Good to see that somebody is doing the important work and finding this stuff out for us. Thanks buddy, I hated the new steam as well and also the fact that they dont give us any sort of warning or slow transition to these sort of things *cough* csgo panorama *cough*. I think these companies need to start taking input from their users before making MAJOR changes and breaking things so much

• Content Count:  4441

Just an update.

Steam recently removed the two command lines so you have to use -steamos instead which reverts it the same way but makes it so that the overlay doesn't work in-game. I'm personally going to be searching for a different fix, but this is the only one that currently exists until they get rid of it too.

These people are scum of the earth.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread