? servers

? players online

Twenty one pilots - Trench (New Album)

• Content Count:  2947

Twenty one pilots just released 2 new songs (one being a music video). Full album is out October 5th, and Bandito Tour starts October 16th. I consider myself a pretty big fan and had to wait such a long time for anything new. Anyway just wanted to share some hype for those interested. Enjoy :)

• Like 4

• Content Count:  361

I have been listening forever and I like fan girled over them in middle school. I was sad when they went on hiatus and gradually stopped listening it's good to come back to them. |-/

• Content Count:  1633

Jumpsuit is fine. The vocals are kinda weak in comparison to the bassline but it was put together pretty well.

Nico and the Niners is unique in a good way. The song is so groovy.

Levitate is straight fire although its kinda short.

My Blood is pretty good too (I also like the bass in this one.)

All 4 songs are so drastically different... I'm interested to see what other songs are going to be in the album. I know twenty one pilots is known for changing up their style in like every song so I expect a lot of variation. Hopefully this is going to be a bounce back album from Blurryface, which I felt was a much weaker album than Vessel.

• Content Count:  2947

Jumpsuit is fine. The vocals are kinda weak in comparison to the bassline but it was put together pretty well.

Nico and the Niners is unique in a good way. The song is so groovy.

Levitate is straight fire although its kinda short.

My Blood is pretty good too (I also like the bass in this one.)

All 4 songs are so drastically different... I'm interested to see what other songs are going to be in the album. I know twenty one pilots is known for changing up their style in like every song so I expect a lot of variation. Hopefully this is going to be a bounce back album from Blurryface, which I felt was a much weaker album than Vessel.

I think most people would disagree with you here. While Vessel was a fantastic album so was blurryface imo.

https://www.theindustryobserver.com.au/twenty-one-pilots-blurryface-history-gold/

Blurryface was released. In addition to being the group’s breakthrough hit, the record is still continuing to make history, with the record today being recognised as the first album ever to have every song it contains to be certified Gold.

As the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) reported, Twenty One Pilots’ album became the first in history to reach this achievement, with the album’s twelfth track, ‘Hometown’, the final tune to reach Gold status.

Just a little tidbit of the record, but a pretty impressive achievement to get if you ask me.

• Content Count:  1633

Doesn't really matter if it got all of the awards, Vessel was still a much stronger album in my opinion.

The lyrics were deeper and had greater meaning.

Blurry face lyrics:

"Yo, this song will never be on the radio

Even if my clique were to pick and the people were to vote

It’s the few, the proud, and the emotional"

Really dislike how many times Tyler mentions the radio on this album. It doesn't matter if it isn't on the radio, it matters about the meaning behind the music. It almost seemed like he was constantly bitching about how the music wasn't going to be on the radio.

"People they rhyme like this, we're all impressed by this

They rip it, flip it but these are just triplets

Wrote this in three minutes, three words to a line"

You know your lyrics are weak when you're just adding fillers, such as pointing out the fact you're rapping triplets.

Lyrics are weak. They didn't focus on making the lyrics meaningful and rather focused on trying out new styles of music. It felt forced, and I didn't like it.

Then you look at Vessel's lyrics. They were creative, they were meaningful. I really liked this part of Migraine in particular:

"My mind ship-wrecked this is the only land my mind could find

I did not know it was such a violent island

Full of tidal waves, suicidal crazed lions

They're trying to eat me, blood running down their chin

And I know that I can fight, or I can let the lion win

I begin to assemble what weapons I can find

'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind"

Even though there was a focus on meaningful lyrics, the music was fun. The dark lyrics were thrown in with happy-sounding music, and it actually worked well together. They didn't try and force out something new, rather they just made good music.

EDIT: I'm not saying Blurryface was a bad album, it was just weaker than previous albums. It still was a pretty good album.

• Content Count:  361

"People they rhyme like this, we're all impressed by this

They rip it, flip it but these are just triplets

Wrote this in three minutes, three words to a line"

You know your lyrics are weak when you're just adding fillers, such as pointing out the fact you're rapping triplets.

Isn't... that.. the point? Blurryface still has deep meaning that hasn't even been answered yet, as lore was figured out from one of the new songs in Trench. Also the lyrics in Migraine you mentioned were just simple metaphors... that you can also find, in Blurryface. Both Albums had different styles in a whole. I enjoy them both equally but Regional at Best is my favorite.

oh btw here is some interesting stuff on the lore of the new album. I watched it a while ago but this reminded me of it.

• Like 1
Edited by tana

Reply to Thread