? servers

? players online

Not so much of a question but more of an opinion about being new

• Content Count:  21

It makes it a lot less fun to integrate into a community when you cant even set an avatar until a certain milestone is met.

I like to customize my profile and such whenever i join something, so thats sort of a real bummer, even after meeting 10 posts i still cant seem to add one.

• Content Count:  1633

You have an avatar already?

Also, I don't see a problem with it. 10 posts is like nothing, especially when theres a subforum that lets you post random stuff. I think it gives new members an incentive to be active on the forums and interact with the community.

• Content Count:  2162

You have an avatar already?

Also, I don't see a problem with it. 10 posts is like nothing, especially when theres a subforum that lets you post random stuff. I think it gives new members an incentive to be active on the forums and interact with the community.

If youre referring to the spam central, those posts dont count towards post count

• Content Count:  1020

I can definitely see how getting ten post just to edit your profile is a turnoff to some so maybe we can lower the count to around 5 or allow people to edit their profiles after a post in the introductory thread?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

On board with that being lowered or removed, don't think there is really any valid reason for it to stay. I think regardless of the post count to set an avatar making a profile on a vBulletin forum compared to most other forum builders is quite dissatisfying. Eventually SG should make the move to XenForo, or IPB. Doing a full rehaul with vBulletin honestly seems like it would be a massive waste of time compared to working with the other software for the same amount of time.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread