? servers

? players online

CT Revamp Discussion

• Content Count:  5674

CT Revamp

To start, these are just proposals, they’re nothing concrete and this is to merely flesh it out fully before we decide that it is the best possible direction to take. All of these changes should carry the tone that the server needs to be more self-sustaining which we hope will cascade into other great things.

CT Lockout

If there are 20 or more players on the server, someone requires 25 minutes of playtime to switch to CT side. When someone tries to join CT without this requirement and is prevented from doing so a message displays itself in chat, if possible a sound playing to catch their attention would be nice as well. The reason for the “If there are 20 players” is to not cause the start of the day population to have issues while still making it so later into the day things can be peaceful when there are more players.

Ratio Control

When server has 24 or more players ratio is locked 2:3 and cannot go over that. A message in chat when someone is prevented from switching teams is displayed locally with something along the lines of “Sorry, in order to keep the ratio balanced please stay T at this time”. It would also be useful to play a sound, but it’s not entirely necessary.

First Order

When server has 24 players or more First Order is enabled, all CT’s muted at start of round except the CT who types !fo for the first 30 seconds, after this time the guards are unmuted. Anyone can give orders after this time. During these 30 seconds, other CT orders given through chat are not valid. A simple message in chat that says “Guards are muted for 45 seconds, please listen to %PLAYER% who will give your first order” This will be clarified in the rules thread, in very simple terms.

Tips and Adverts

We’re gonna look into adding more rules and general tips in the form of chat announcements. This way players can learn even quicker by just playing T side.

Please give your feedback on these ideas, they’re meant to help make the server a little bit less hectic and start making the server a little bit more bearable for admins. While some of these look complicated while reading initially, in practice it’s designed so that players don’t really feel them in effect but they’re still preventing issues. This is the first step in bringing a more community feel back to the server. We're really gonna push to improve the server in any way possible. We're going to look into doing some more events very often to hopefully spark some other people's interest in the server.

Going to tag @Liam Brown to say that the first 3 at the top are more or less the “ideas” but by the end of the thread and seeing what players think we’ll have a bit more of a clear idea what should be done. The top 3 are a priority to us and what we believe to be an absolute necessity, and hopefully people can help us balance them out in this thread.

Big ol' dick suck to @All Ts for sitting down with me for like 2 hours, writing this all out with me and doing a ton of searching and shit. This guy still loves the server as much as any of us. :^)

@DML is a real retard

• Like 16
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  276

I think this is a step in the right direction for JB but I still think that there should be a warden system bc I feel like it gets to chaotic when you have 5 CT's giving orders even if 1 person gives the first orders when the other CT's get unmuted they could just give completely different orders.

• Content Count:  615

I think the First Order is a really good idea as most of the free killing happens in the first 30 seconds after multiple orders are given and nothing can be done because nobody saw what happened. 24 players is a good starting point but I feel as if that number could be even lower. All good ideas though, thanks guys.

Except moon apparently, thanks for nothing :love:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  163

Ratio control is critical when the sever reaches near max. The five or so rounds where the ratio reaches 18 Ts to 15 CTs is the most annoying thing possible.

These ideas are great but anyone know how to implement them?

• Content Count:  64

First Order should be implemented 100% of the time. But another suggestion is that you can only use FO once every 3 rounds unless you are an admin or there are less than 20 people on. It might also be a good idea to make the CT lockout for when there are more than 15 people because that is when random freekillers start to join the server after they get banned from other servers. Same goes for the 2:3 ratio, it should start when there are 15 people because again, that's when freekillers like to join together.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.