? servers

? players online

KOS Catwalks

• Content Count:  135

Map - Electric Revamped

Discussion- Pool Catwalks

Orders were to go to pool and when I was in pool I used pool diving boards to get onto the catwalk so I could get the deagle in the closet and rebel, little did I know the pool catwalks were KOS. I feel that pool catwalks SHOULDNT be KOS mainly because its a whole other park of the map, some say that its a catwalk that leads to armory but the catwalk in main cell is the one that leads into armory not the pool one, the pool one simply only leads to the ladder to main cell catwalk which is understandable. In my opinion it should be counted as just a normal catwalk because its in a whole different room and it would be a little over the top to say that this catwalk would lead to armory and therefore make it KOS.

I was talking to DML about this situation and he said he would talk to Dominic about it and I'm sure they would like to see all the regulars opinion on this thread as it could help them make a choice.

Thank You - Virtious

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

That catwalk is quite clearly directly connected, via ladder, to the main cell catwalk. I think we should just keep it simple in that catwalks that lead to armory are KOS. If there were a rule on this it would be way too confusing for new players to understand and take a long time for some regulars to adapt to this. Also, not every JB map is the same and adding specific rules to each map trying to make everyone remember a certain set of rules for each map is a terrible idea. The rules should be clear so for each map that is in the pool now and will be in the future can be easily understood so nobody can try to bend the rules saying this catwalk is or isn't kos.

I suck at explaining myself through text so if you want to understand my viewpoint more feel free to ask me in-game.

• Content Count:  2162

I think it should be KOS because it DOES lead to armory. This on top of the fact that it is an area that is meant to only be accessible by the CTs, otherwise there would be a button on the door at the bottom of the ramps for people to open it from the outside. The diving board strafe isnt a secret, but it leads to the deagle on the catwalk room, and if the Ts decide to venture far enough then they can be rewarded with access to armory or even a scout secret. Kind of doesnt make sense to have it not be KOS when its restricted in a CT area and it leads to so many oppoprtunities for people to get guns.

Also just because it is KOS doesnt mean they HAVE to kill you for it. Generally from what I see is that people only kill the Ts up on catwalks when they feel threatened or want the points, otherwise its usually just HEY Get off the catwalk.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5674

People have thought different ways about this for a while now from what I remember. We discussed it though, so I'll explain how it works.

This catwalk is obviously KOS - it leads right into armory.

663b12c402960b19e818db0020e72ef0.jpg

This ladder is KOS because it goes up to the catwalk that leads directly into armory window.

e6b8705f81e2dc3dfdb10d2217589e9c.jpg

This ladder is also KOS because it's only purpose is to either leave the KOS catwalk or go down to it.

75ddc78280bc42b8dafa879fb22dc3d6.jpg

This platform however is NOT KOS.

8e10dff341cd3077f4745abfdb7c23df.jpg

I'll add this to the FAQs when I can.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  70

This platform however is NOT KOS.

SpoilerHide

What do u mean by the platform is not kos, are u talking about the cat walk it self in the image.

If so isint that kos to because it leades to armoury just like the little part near the scout secret.

plz explain about this part

Thanks,ibrahim :>)

• Content Count:  265

that platform should definitely be kos....one, the ramps that are connected to it lead to a fenced in area with a door that has a button on one side, clearly meant to keep ts out. The only way onto that platform is jumping through the diving boards (which the diving boards primary purpose is to just dive into the water) or otherwise kos alternative. that platform is meant for cts to watch the ts in pool, otherwise where are they going to watch them? on the floor where they can die much easier than on the platform? also it connects to armory. That platform has always been kos since the old days i dont see any real reason to change it now.

also @Virtious, why should we even change it for revamped as well, you even stated you knowingly went onto the catwalk to get a deagle to rebel. why would any normal ct not kill you for that. one you got on a catwalk (which should definitely be kos as for reasons stated above), two youre purposely grabbing a deagle which is in a closet that serves no purpose other than to house the deagle, and three to rebel.

• Like 5
Edited by Raventi

• Content Count:  391

The pool platform should definitely be KOS, imagine having to warning shot someone on a free day in pool for getting on the platform and not being able to kill them even though they could quite literally be 2 inches away from you. Don’t change that platform, please. @Dominic

• Like 4

• Content Count:  796

The pool platform should definitely be KOS, imagine having to warning shot someone on a free day in pool for getting on the platform and not being able to kill them even though they could quite literally be 2 inches away from you. Don’t change that platform, please. @Dominic

It never was kos, it's not a ramp that leads to a platform the leads to armory, or a platform that leads to armory, I never considered this KOS, and there's no reason why it should be KOS, as it's isn't a secret, it just leads to one.

Is it kos to open isolation?

Then it's not kos to open that door.

• Content Count:  265

It never was kos, it's not a ramp that leads to a platform the leads to armory, or a platform that leads to armory, I never considered this KOS, and there's no reason why it should be KOS, as it's isn't a secret, it just leads to one.

Is it kos to open isolation?

Then it's not kos to open that door.

actually it is kos to open iso with the invis button now

• Content Count:  796

actually it is kos to open iso with the invis button now

I wasn't talking about the invis button, I was comparing that you said that button is meant to keep ts in, but ta can still press it.

Reply to Thread