? servers

? players online

Karma Rewards

• Content Count:  1583

Don't mean to confuse anyone but I feel like it fits better here and could actually get the ball rolling.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81046

Reaching a certain level of total earned karma grants a player access to specific store items at each milestone, ie. a crown for 100k karma or something like that.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  211

Similar to what a lot of people said in the previous forum post, lets stray away from anything in game related. Things such as kevlar/radar (you name it) would be unfair and unbalanced for the newer players. As for the idea of getting rewards for certain milestones, I think its something we could definitely consider. Similar to my old post, having incentives is important to keep both newer and older players around as it creates something to work for/achieve. Maybe having in game store items purchasable for reaching a certain milestone would be interesting, similar to how certain items are only accessible if you have vip or sub. Personally, I think having an in-game model would be really rewarding ,but im not sure if its doable atm. Nonetheless, this is a solid post that we as an community should discuss as it pertains to retaining players on TTT.

• Content Count:  1051

Adding on to what @eden said, having things like a specific model for the player at top karma or rewards for hitting milestones wouldn't be a bad idea. It might give players an incentive to play a little more active instead of playing for the win. As for adding anything that would affect gameplay I wouldn't recommend. Not only would it take players a while to get used to, but would also be unnecessary and probably unwanted by a lot.

• Content Count:  615

I made a post about this like a month ago in the SR section. All I found out was that @Clamor was working on something similar to this, but it was abandoned.

I really like this idea as it would be an incentive for players who don't care about a forum award to join in on the contest with the hope of getting a cool in game item.

• Content Count:  1583

I made a post about this like a month ago in the SR section. All I found out was that @Clamor was working on something similar to this, but it was abandoned.

I really like this idea as it would be an incentive for players who don't care about a forum award to join in on the contest with the hope of getting a cool in game item.

I'm sure if it was something manually handed out like how @WillofCamelot got the Staff model, it'd be easier to implement than an automatic milestone award.

• Content Count:  615

I'm sure if it was something manually handed out like how @WillofCamelot got the Staff model, it'd be easier to implement than an automatic milestone award.

I had proposed that for the karma contest, instead of receiving credits, the top 3 players would gain access to a model, hat, mask, trail, etc. This could be done manually at the end of each contest and the only worry would be the extra model taking a toll on server speed.

Reply to Thread