? servers

? players online

Open Testing

• Content Count:  2668

Hey guys, as some of you know, I'm working on getting the surf plugin updated so that we can have some cool new features. It's almost done but I need some people to play with the plugin and give some feedback before I consider moving it over to the main server.

IP is 70.42.74.82:27017 and the password is test

Note that any times/records/etc that you do on the test server won't be saved beyond the testing period.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  2162

I hopped on the server just now and Im a big fan of this new surf timer plugin. Definite add to the server. Only problem I found with it is if you go to misc. timer options and change the speed gradient to rainbow, it only really goes between different shades of purple. Not sure if it goes at different colors at different speeds, but it may be worth lowering that speed change if that is the case. The other thing was the Start Side option in misc. Im not really sure what that does or what it means, so any clarification on that would be good

Edit: timer color seems to change about every 1000 speed, 500 might be a better number for this. Also I would suggest raising the number of jumps allowed inside the zones to 3-5 jumps, as it gets annoying when you try to immediately bhop off the side but cant, instead you have to run over to the side of the platform and jump off normally which is kind of boring. If possible it would be better just to keep a speed limit in the zones like the old plugin had.

Edit2: The Server Record time on the plugin says WR time. I dont believe that its actually the WR, but i might be wrong, im thinking its just the server record. If it is the Server Record then it might be best to have it display as SR and have the options say Server Record to avoid confusion amongst any of the new players who think that theyre competing against a WR time. Although it would be cool to have both.

• Like 4
Edited by Cept For Her

I hopped on the server just now and Im a big fan of this new surf timer plugin. Definite add to the server. Only problem I found with it is if you go to misc. timer options and change the speed gradient to rainbow, it only really goes between different shades of purple. Not sure if it goes at different colors at different speeds, but it may be worth lowering that speed change if that is the case. timer color seems to change about every 1000 speed, 500 might be a better number for this

I'll see what I can do to lower that number.

The other thing was the Start Side option in misc. Im not really sure what that does or what it means, so any clarification on that would be good

I believe this is for dm style maps where there is a T and CT spawn. You can pick if you want to spawn on the T or CT side.

Edit: timer color seems to change about every 1000 speed, 500 might be a better number for this. Also I would suggest raising the number of jumps allowed inside the zones to 3-5 jumps, as it gets annoying when you try to immediately bhop off the side but cant, instead you have to run over to the side of the platform and jump off normally which is kind of boring. If possible it would be better just to keep a speed limit in the zones like the old plugin had.

I noticed the jumps allowed was pretty restricting, I'll bump it up a little and see how that goes.

Edit2: The Server Record time on the plugin says WR time. I dont believe that its actually the WR, but i might be wrong, im thinking its just the server record. If it is the Server Record then it might be best to have it display as SR and have the options say Server Record to avoid confusion amongst any of the new players who think that theyre competing against a WR time. Although it would be cool to have both.

Correct, it's the server records. I'll try to get that changed.

Thanks for bringing these up!

• Like 2

Just curious to know if itd be possible to make the statistics and all the stuff displayed in game by doing !rank display here on the website under the stats section. Just like have the server communicate the information to here and have it format accordingly. Dont know how difficult or possible this would be, but itd be a lot more convenient for figuring stuff out like what maps youve done and what perceentage of maps you have completed

Just curious to know if itd be possible to make the statistics and all the stuff displayed in game by doing !rank display here on the website under the stats section. Just like have the server communicate the information to here and have it format accordingly. Dont know how difficult or possible this would be, but itd be a lot more convenient for figuring stuff out like what maps youve done and what perceentage of maps you have completed

Good idea. I'll look into how they do it and see if I can get something setup.

• Like 2

Also I would suggest raising the number of jumps allowed inside the zones to 3-5 jumps, as it gets annoying when you try to immediately bhop off the side but cant, instead you have to run over to the side of the platform and jump off normally which is kind of boring. If possible it would be better just to keep a speed limit in the zones like the old plugin had.

Done.

Should be pushing this to the server soon unless someone has something else that I should look into.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  103

I just played the server this morning and I think its really good and well working so far. I think my only suggestion would be a !gun feature so you can choose a gun you want to surf with. I don't really surf with anything besides a knife but I've seen on other servers people who surf with an AK or other weapon so I think we should just let people have the choice to do that. If that happens a mute player sound option would also have to be included though so someone with a Negev doesn't just spam it and annoy everyone.

I just played the server this morning and I think its really good and well working so far. I think my only suggestion would be a !gun feature so you can choose a gun you want to surf with. I don't really surf with anything besides a knife but I've seen on other servers people who surf with an AK or other weapon so I think we should just let people have the choice to do that. If that happens a mute player sound option would also have to be included though so someone with a Negev doesn't just spam it and annoy everyone.

I'll look into this but it won't be a priority. It's not common imo, but there is no harm in having the option.

Is there anything else that anyone feels should be noted? It's not perfect but I think it is ready enough to release otherwise.

@Gator Just wondering if the new Timer was going to be added soon, or if you were still trying to fix it up a bit. It seemed fine the way you had it, just was curious as to why it wasnt put on the actual Surf Server yet

Reply to Thread