? servers

? players online

What album(s) are you currently digging?

• Content Count:  2693

I know this thread died but I want to revive it.

I have currently been listening to a lot of The Strokes; specifically Comedown Machine and Is This It. I've been really enjoying both of these albums. I love the vibe and feel of Comedown Machine. I like almost all of the songs on it.

I have also went back and listened to Mac Miller's "Swimming" for the 100th time. Never get tired of that album. It's my go to when feeling down alongside Blonde.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  55

I've currently been listening to Lil Nas X's new EP on replay, its so fire imo, I really liked Old Town Road before it even blew up and its just so cool seeing him getting the light he deserves especially seeing him get the new Top 100 #1 spot!

• Content Count:  2579

bump

Currently going through different shit.

First up, King Gizzard's Flying Microtonal Banana

This shit is awesome. Band focused around making an album with microtonal tuning, shit is fucking sick. Ambient psych prog rock, bringing in some middle-eastern beats and bangers, straight from the land down under. Would recommend to anyone who likes something a lil weirder.

Started getting into "hip-hop", as I don't listen to r&b/hip-hop/rap at all, I enjoy Death Grips' Money Store. Satisfies my hunger for rhythm, strong vocals, straight bangers. Loving the new DG, just like Demi. If you're into violent, visceral rap, industrial rock, bass that will break your headphones, this shit's for you.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

I'm personally a big fan of hip hop/rap/r&b, and I've been enjoying an "older album" in the grand scheme of the ever-changing rap game.

Good kid, M.A.A.D. city is probably one of my most favorite rap albums of all time. To me, the album just has too many memorable songs that I can go through without missing a word or a beat. Not only is this considered up there in the discussion of some of the greatest albums, but this is the album that got me into the genre so it has a special place in my heart, and I come back to revisit the album year after year.

Outside of rap, I will mostly listen to anything except newer country, as I can appreciate some Johnny Cash or some Lynard Skynard if you consider them country. There's been a couple of musicians/bands I recently discovered I've taken quite a liking to, and I think they both have an album that's stood out to me so far that I've really enjoyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGytzUc_RF4

I've really been enjoying Currents from Tame Impala over the last month or so, mainly the tracks Past Life, The Less I Know the Better, and New Person, Same Old Mistakes. The album overall is enjoyable and I don't think I have skipped a song, but those three really stood out to me.

BALLADS 1 by Joji is kinda something I've been listening to pretty frequently since its release. Outside of the edgy, pubescent me watching pretty much every Filthy Frank video, seeing this man evolve and want to focus on music, I really do think most of the songs on this EP are really solid. I would say my only gripe with this project is Trippie Redd's high pitched whines on R.I.P., but outside of that, I enjoy most of the EP.

• Content Count:  2579

double bump

Been listening to Polygondwanaland straight from King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's 5 album spree of 2017. This is a prog-psych rock adventure in 7/4 and 7/8. Shit's so fucking mesmerizing to listen to, absolute fucking gods who make my composition look like children tunes. Inspires me a lot to work with odd time signature and progressive composition in the near future ; aka stay tuned fuckers

[video=youtube;c-fvFv8uprA]

And been bumpin their newest record, released mid August, Into The Rat's Nest, a hard, heavy thrash metal album hitting like its the 80's. Crazy instrumentation coming from musicians who are not metal musicians and composers. Definitely re-ignited my love for heavy metal, which I had lost following Metallica's latest record. A must listen if you're a metalhead or enjoy old heavy material. oh and they released a video game to hype the album up @ marsfortherich.com

• Like 1

• Content Count:  54

My favorite album right now is probably Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana. I don't know a lot of people who like her music so it would be cool if I found other Lana fans here. My favorite songs on the album are "Happiness is a Butterfly" and "Cinnamon Girl". Overall the entire album is nice to listen to. My favorite Lana album is definitely still Ultraviolence though.

My favorite album in general is probably Blonde by Frank Ocean. I don't think there's a song on the album that I can't listen to. I've replayed the album so many times. Some of my favorite songs include "Self Control", "White Ferrari", and "Ivy".

Here are some other cool albums.

Tame Impala - Currents

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Castlebeat - VHS

The Weekend - House of Balloons

• Like 1

Reply to Thread