? servers

? players online

What album(s) are you currently digging?

• Content Count:  2579

Been bumpin Sketches of Brunswick East by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard feat. Mild High Club. This banger of an album is a psych-prog-jazz experience out of this world, touching sick folk elements, really immersive.

Also been rockin King Gizz's Nonagon Infinity, psych rock mixed in with lofi/garage elements, songs that loop into each others non-stop, catchy fucking riffs and incredible progression throughout the album, really inspired by the songwriting style on there.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  532

Whats an album lmao? ok boomers... ok but all jokes aside my favorite album is any album from Droeloe. I love edm and Droeloe has made so many of favorite edm songs. There most recent album "A Promise Is Made" is heaven to me. So many great songs that help me vibe and relax. A track from the ablum "Virtual Friends" has been my favorite song since its realase. I dont think there has been one song that I have disliked from this group. If you have some time check these guys out. You wont regret it. ^-^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXLiWzRk9A&t=314s

• Content Count:  658

Despite my love for music, I don't post very much in this section. Here I go.

My music taste is all over the place, I don't stick to one genre nor artist, I try my best to hover around different artists and music and find a new favorite album to grind for a month. I kept this post in the genre of Rock/Metal. The following albums consist of classics (on my part) and fairly new finds.

City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold

qizNiCw.jpg

Straying away from their metalcore roots, A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) released City Of Evil with hopes of catering to a bigger demographic of metalheads. A7X went to producing incredibly complex music with immaculate songwriting, melodic and virtuous solos and catchy choruses while still being heavy. This gave them the flair and flamboyance to make it to the top of the billboards. Despite being my favorite album from the group, I didn't really go back this far until @Reid99 pushed it upon me. I'm grateful that he did. Avenged Sevenfold looked at their influences for this album, including Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer and many more.

Highlight of the album - Sidewinder

[video=youtube_share;Wi663ETjrWQ]

A sub-progressive metal track that metaphorically represents the life of a person generally referred to and known as a "snake." Traitorous and selfish. This song introduces progressive metal into their discography, using unconventional song structuring and odd styles not often seen in the genre, even touching on a style known as flamenco nearing the end of the song. One of my favorites from the album, second to "Beast And The Harlot."

Ride The Lightning - Metallica

g9nPye2.jpg

Ahhh.. Metallica, heavy/thrash metal titans alongside Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. This albums sticks to Metallica's thrash roots with intense percussion and fast and heavy riffs, but steps into a different light, showcasing their musical growth and sophisticated lyricism through the introduction of slower melodies, breaking away from the heavy dependence on fast tempo seen on Kill Em' All (debut album). This was also done through the introduction of different instruments (most notably the acoustic guitar), more harmonic sections and the writing of more complex arrangements. This album mainly focuses on adaptions (storytelling) of many different pieces of literature as well as touching on topics such as his past, suicide and war. I've listened to most of Metallica's content, and this is the best album by far. Their discography isn't as flawless in my eyes, but they're still totally legendary.

Highlight of the album - Fade to Black

This song is really a testament to their musical growth. Fade to black is Metallica's first ballad, a complex (given their past content) and beautifully composed masterpiece. The intro and main riff used in all the verses is legendary in the world of Metallica due to it being one of the first songs to introduce acoustic elements in the discography. The refrain in-between verses is heavier, using the classic Metallica distorted guitar, the sound that they're popular for today. The song ends with a totally awesome two minute solo. The song is about suicide. James Hetfield (vocalist) and the rest of the band were going through tough times while writing this song, as all their music gear had been stolen and he was thrown out of his manager's house. Metallica had to start from ground zero, they couldn't make music even if they wanted to, this put James Hetfield in a hole specifically because his first amp which held heavy sentimental value was also stolen. This song sets the bar high for the rest of Metallica's discography, and for the most part, they've delivered. This song in particular is worth the listen.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3740

im really fuckin with the new dance gavin dance album if you wanna give it a shot in my opinion :ez: its p good

Eh, haven't checked it out yet, but I'm pretty burnt out with Tilian. Artificial Selection was their best Tilian album for me, but the new album's singles just don't really do much for me. Jonny and Kurt put more emotion in their music, Happiness and DBM were masterpieces.

• Content Count:  78

Eh, haven't checked it out yet, but I'm pretty burnt out with Tilian. Artificial Selection was their best Tilian album for me, but the new album's singles just don't really do much for me. Jonny and Kurt put more emotion in their music, Happiness and DBM were masterpieces.

I feel you there brother if you like early 2000s style rock you should check out neck deep and With Confidence

• Content Count:  3740

It took me years to finally digest this album, but now it's finally firing on all cylinders to my ears, and I can honestly say it's the best album of the 2010s decade and one of the best of all time for me:

[video=youtube_share;wX8vpzU_i_c]

Initially, I couldn't get past the first song on this album because, at least up until recently, I was never really into folk. My past interpretation of folk was that, while I knew the lyrics were often emotional, it lacked atmosphere in the sound to showcase that emotion. That all changed when I started digging Bon Iver's brilliant debut:

[video=youtube_share;X1z1g4JzHFQ]

The first song off of For Emma, Forever Ago, 'Flume', was a complete slap in the face for me. The song starts off as stereotypical folk for me, but then it slowly builds, and ascends, and gets deeper. That ascension grips you to embark on a musical journey that lasts throughout the entire album, and the payoff was a lot more than I would have ever imagined.

Revisiting Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell, I decided to take the plunge once again after digging For Emma, Forever Ago, and that's when it all finally clicked. Just like with For Emma, the album started off with stereotypical folk that lasted much longer than For Emma, but then it just sky-rocketed with atmosphere that bled emotion. It started on the later-half of 'Should Have Known Better' and took off on 'All of Me Wants All of You'. The best, most emotional piece of music I've ever experienced, on this record belongs to 'Fourth of July'. This song is a conversation between Sufjan and his mother, Carrie, while she was dying in the hospital. Reading the lyrics alone brought me to tears, as I thought back to experiencing other people in my life go through a similar scenario with their mother. I can't help but wonder what I'll be like when I see my mother in her final moments. If you find no interest in this album, you need to at least check out this song.

[video=youtube_share;JTeKpWp8Psw]

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3299

A Tribe Called Quest: We got it from Here... Thank you 4 Your service

An absolutely incredible album from tribe and their final collaboration before Phife Dawg passed away. Trying to craft a similar album to their old sound in today's music scene is a difficult task which I felt they managed perfectly. Has all the similar vibes from their old iconic albums but also manages to to be something new with a splash of modern beats. Busta also contributes some amazing verses which is rare from him now a days. A perfect album to end a legendary career

[video=youtube;ARppc4KY-DQ]

Edited by ManiacJak

Reply to Thread