? servers

? players online

Not a "Goodbye" but a "See you later".

• Content Count:  2941

Following the trend. It seems I'll be stepping down as well.

There's a lot I'd like to say. But, at the same time, there's not much that I can say. To save some time, I'm going to quote the message I sent to the BDs on 2-10-2018:

Hello.

I'm thinking of stepping down/retiring from the Administrative Officer position.

First off, I'd like to preface this with an apology of sorts.

This may not have been (or maybe it was) expected since it's been a relatively short time since I was promoted to AO (9-10-2017). When I first applied for AO, I was confident that I was fully prepared and motivated to handle the duties that entailed the position. In the past couple of weeks, I have become less and less motivated to play on the servers, making me lose interest in playing Counter-Strike all-together. A combination of school, looking for work, and becoming more socially involved elsewhere has caused me to spend less time playing games within the community. Although I have been fairly active on the forums and have done some server work, I feel like it's just not enough from me and that there is someone much more passionate than I am that could do so much better than I ever will in my current situation. I deeply apologize as I feel as if I have let the community down as well as myself down.

I joined the community in early 2012 and enjoyed playing on the CS:S servers. I went away from CS:S for a bit but came back full swing in 2013 and fell in love with the community. I pretty much no-lifed Deathrun, PB (both Mutiny and Uprising), and MG at the time and strove to become an admin one day. I applied on 12-09-2013 and was promoted to Server Administrator on 1-24-2014. From then on, I played on the servers nearly every day and tried my hardest to make playing on them as fun as possible while providing input on servers whenever I could. Several months after that, I was promoted to Community Enforcer (10-05-2014) and worked as hard as I could to better the community. A while after, I made some rash decisions, stepped down from CE/CA and took some time off from playing so much. After this break, I came back to the community and was repromoted to CA on 9-11-2016. I've been with this community since its 2012 hack and witnessed how much it's changed since then. Tomorrow, 2-11-2018, will mark the 6th year that I have been apart of this amazing community. It has been my second home for so long and I love interacting with everyone who's come and gone in the past half-decade.

Ultimately, I just feel like I'm too busy with my own personal life right now. Without disclosing too much about it, I'm having financial issues and need to focus on setting things straight. Unlike my stepping down from CA (then coming back a couple months later), I feel like this will take a lot more time to get fully settled being a full-time student trying to support more than just myself this time.

With that being said, I still love this community. I always have ever since I joined and most likely always will. I'll visit the forums and stick around but I just don't feel like I'm capable of giving what I should to the community as an AO at this time.

That said, since it's also a trend to mention people in these threads, I'd like to mention the following people (not in any specific order):

@Bread - You're pretty much my dad. Thanks for always believing in me and helping me throughout my journey here.

@Black Rain - You're weird and awkward and you always have been since I first ever saw you play on MG. Thanks for everything, mom.

@Wawa - You're just a downright cool dude. Really enjoyed working with you.

@Liam Brown - You're a better person than all of us. We don't deserve you.

@All Ts - I appreciate you man. You've changed so much since I first played PB with you. The amount of advice and input you've given for PB is insane. Good luck in life, man.

@eXtr3m3 - I was there when you first joined PB. I've seen you rise, fall to the dark side, and come back from it. It's always a good time playing on the servers with you.

@Greggy G - You've really change my opinion of you over time for the better. You just gotta stop setting yourself up for getting bullied. :lul:

@Reid99 - You're really chill in-game and nice to rant to out of game. Stay strong and good luck in your new position.

@Senpai - You're my favorite koreaboo. It's always a good time whenever we played Competitive.

@LampShade - We were promoted at the same time. It's been a pleasure working out what the fuck we were doing together.

@delirium - Thanks for the knife that one time.

@Prez - You're also a cool dude.

Sorry for anyone else who didn't get their own mention. I appreciate everyone in the community keeping it together.

Here at Steam-Gamers, we're a family.

• Like 49

• Content Count:  5674

Thanks for everything shoiep, you've always been one of the chillest people here, just sucks that you won't be able to see anymore of my stupid question start offs to our meetings.

Good luck with school and stuff, be well.

p.s. you'll always be my commanding general for stealing people's ranks

Reply to Thread