? servers

? players online

Surf Event?

• Content Count:  2162

So I was thinking about how MG has their monthly course(i guess its bhop now) event challenge where they pick a map and see who can get the fastest time on it. I was thinking it might be cool if we started to do the same thing with surf. This would incentivize people to actually go onto the surf server and would possibly bring more randoms to play and become part of the community. I enjoy surfing every now and again, but i feel like it would be fun to have a challenge to look at rather than just trying to beat the map, but rather face of against other people for a reward other than having a better time. I think it would be a fun tradition to start and would really help to revive the server a bit more.

• Like 3

Maybe if we made like three different tiered maps available for the event. Then if you finished on the top time for any of those three, you would win the event.

1st place - Hardest Tier

2nd Place - Middle Tier

3rd Place - Easiest Tier

This would lower the skill gap problem, and would create a system in where if people wanted to win then they would have to get the top time on the hardest map for the event, however if they arent that good, they could focus on trying to get 3rd place which would eventually improve their surf skills so they can try the harder tiered maps later on.

• Content Count:  2668

Maybe if we made like three different tiered maps available for the event. Then if you finished on the top time for any of those three, you would win the event.

1st place - Hardest Tier

2nd Place - Middle Tier

3rd Place - Easiest Tier

This would lower the skill gap problem, and would create a system in where if people wanted to win then they would have to get the top time on the hardest map for the event, however if they arent that good, they could focus on trying to get 3rd place which would eventually improve their surf skills so they can try the harder tiered maps later on.

The problem I see with this is not being open to those on easy tier being able to achieve 1st. It would be discouraging if they put in a lot of effort with only being able to get 3rd.

Maybe we can only give the award to those who get 1st. 2nd and 3rd for each tier would get a reward like credits and stuff.

How about we do it where the top three for each tier win a reward. The lower tier gets worse rewards of course. And if we want to give out the movement awards on the forums then i suggest we could use the top winners of each tier map. Does that sound like a good plan or is there anything else you would suggest?

• Content Count:  2668

How about we do it where the top three for each tier win a reward. The lower tier gets worse rewards of course. And if we want to give out the movement awards on the forums then i suggest we could use the top winners of each tier map. Does that sound like a good plan or is there anything else you would suggest?

I think we're getting on the same page. I'll think of some maps we can use.

Just thought of something. Seeing as how the MG course event had the winner pick the map for the next month, would we want ro have something of the similar sorts where the winner of each tier could pick the next map for their tier, or perhaps we allow the overall top tier winner to pick one of the maps for the next event. This is just my thoughts running here while im bored, but here are my thoughts on rewards.

Low Tier:

1: Wins 1500 store credits and third place movement award

2: Wins 500 store credits

3: Wins 250 store credits

Middle Tier:

1: Wins 2500 store credits and second place movement award

2: Wins 800 store credits

3: Wins 400 store credits

Top Tier:

1: Wins 5000 store credits and first place movement award and gets to pick one map for the next event

2: Wins 1500 store credits

3: Wins 500 store credits

• Content Count:  1051

Ya, thank for bumping this, I think there are a lot of surfers that play in our community that would join. It might bring a bit of population to the server as well, a lot of players that I talk to don't even know that we have other servers. If you can't run it, it would still be great to have if someone else could.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.