? servers

? players online

Quick Reminder in Regards to Subscriber / VIP

• Content Count:  11501

Hello all,

Just a quick reminder in regards to monthly subscriptions for VIP / subscriber:

Due to the automated system we have integrated within our forums / Sourcebans setup, you cannot gift a recurring subscription to someone else. I understand this might have been a bit confusing because the form used to say 'is this a gift', but that has since been removed. There may be threads somewhere that may indicate that you can gift this, but please point them out to myself or another CA+ so they can be edited appropriately. While it's feasible for us to do this for a few people, it takes a lot more manual management, which on a wider scale would be completely unrealistic - honestly, donation management is one of the most time-consuming parts of running this community. The reason so is because I understand the frustration behind making the decision to put hard-earned money towards something, and in return receiving shitty customer service / in general not the product you expected. With that being said, I take donations very seriously in the sense that I make sure that everybody receives as smooth and painless of a transaction as possible. While it may take me a few days to get to your donation, I always do everything that I can to refund people their money if they are not satisfied / work with them to resolve issues that may arise. It is fully in our right to implement a 'no refunds' policy, but I do not want to do that nor plan on doing that (although if you're at like day 29 of your 30 day subscription, I'll probably tell you a refund isn't going to happen).

You can absolutely gift subscriber / VIP via a one time donation, skins, etc. still...this is just in regards to recurring subscriptions. I'm also pretty relaxed when it comes to the methods of which you can donate - there have been several times where I've had people gift me a steam game and I donate on their behalf. The point I'm getting at is that I'll do the best that I can to work with you.

Any questions can be asked here, another subforum, or via PM.

Thanks

• Like 12
Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  4441

Just being curious,. can you gift 2 months, or would that have to be done separately.

Point of the thread is that you can't gift reoccurring subscriptions (getting charged every month to give someone else subscriber/vip), you can gift as many one-time donations as you'd like to. One-time Donations basically just take whatever amount of money you donated, whatever you want for it (VIP, Subscriber) and divides it into how many possible months there is. If you wanted to give someone 2 months of VIP you'd just check that you want VIP, that you're donating for someone else, enter their SteamID, and donate $20. You don't have to make separate donation for each month and it does not need to be done separately- use the form I linked.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread