? servers

? players online

Responding to an admin application with 2 sentences or less

• Content Count:  586

My question is, are the people who are writing like 1 or 2 sentences in an admin application taken seriously? Lately I have seen a lot of users write 1 or 2 sentences on a response saying if they support or reapply an application. In my opinion that isn't enough to give some depth and details about why these people should or should't be admin.

For exemple (dont want to throw this person under the bus, it is just an exemple) :

a great player very helpful to new players very active for the short time of me being part of the sg community. he's more than capable to handle admin responsibility

I don't think that this type of comment is enough for someone to decide if they think this said person should be admin. Like anyone can be helpful and active but doesn't mean that they would make a great admin. People should put more details in why they think these people should be admin because if not they just look like they are posting just to get +1 post, which is pretty much just shit posting.

In the Admin application FAQ, it is stated "Every post in an Admin Application should be about the applicant and your personal thoughts on them. They should include some depth of detail as to why you feel they will make a good Admin." I don't think that these type of sentences can be classified as being in depth and details. Not trying to take this too much out of context but even @Caution said "If you are going to vote on an admin app, be prepared to write at least 4-5 sentences on said person (I know, it's asking a lot)." in the admin application thread comments.

Well to get back to the question, are these types of comments actually taken seriously on an admin application?

Edited by Will.
Made it anonymous

• Content Count:  1266

You need to keep in mind that the BDs do read everyones responses, so posts like that are accounted for despite not being well elucidated, but they will not hold as much weight as other votes that do explain more. Taken straight from the FaQ (which everyone should have read if they're voting on admin apps:toung:)

Fair warning when responding to Admin Applications:

DO NOT MAKE USELESS POSTS. Every post in an Admin Application should be about the applicant and your personal thoughts on them. They should include some depth of detail as to why you feel they will make a good Admin. Please try to keep your posts as respectful as possible, even when listing cons about an applicant.

All that aside, you're absolutely right, people who post 2 liners do need to elaborate if they wish to actually help the applicant.

• Like 5
Edited by anuL
it's late

• Content Count:  5375

You need to keep in mind that the BDs do read everyones responses, so posts like that are accounted for despite not being well elucidated, but they will not hold as much weight as other votes that do explain more. Taken straight from the FaQ (which everyone should have read if they're voting on admin apps:toung:)

Fair warning when responding to Admin Applications:

DO NOT MAKE USELESS POSTS. Every post in an Admin Application should be about the applicant and your personal thoughts on them. They should include some depth of detail as to why you feel they will make a good Admin. Please try to keep your posts as respectful as possible, even when listing cons about an applicant.

All that aside, you're absolutely right, people who post 2 liners do need to elaborate if they wish to actually help the applicant.

^this

• Like 3

• Content Count:  71

Their vote doesn’t matter as much as people of people that are known regulars you can also see their name and see if you recognize them from the servers like me while I don’t use the name I’m most known for on the ttt server I’m a server regular and love you will when you are active and happy to hear you’re doin well with your real life and hope when you’re active you can stay active since you’re sgfavorite. Like delirium and nebula said the admin responses should be as serious and non biased as possible to give people the best type of explanation on why or why not people would be good as admin or not. Sorry if this isn’t a great response please delete delirium since I’ve been drinking and this might not be a great response or non-coherent.

• Content Count:  913

Also worth baring in mind you can be banned from posting in admin applications if your deemed not to have made a good enough contribution to the discussion/written a short statement.

If you see someone doing it repeatedly, you should probably message them and let them know to up their game.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread