? servers

? players online

Jailbreak, Warning shot with an AWP

• Content Count:  2681

I know that Warning Shooting a T in Jailbreak is allowed but in my opinion it should only be with pistols, Warning shooting with an AWP does 83 damage, doesn't that seem like over doing it a little? Again this is my opinion but I think it should be removed and put only to Warning shoot with pistols...

-Imacreten

• Content Count:  2579

Even though we've had to discuss this a lot in the past, I am 100% on your side. Not only it is a huge warning shot, but I truly believe the average jailbreak player doesn't have the skill to warning shot ONE RUNNING prisoner. I've had to slay for that in the past. I'd totally not allow the awp for warning shots, without necessarily putting a line to the damage. After all, we don't see any kids giving warning shots with scouts in the body

• Like 6

• Content Count:  3150

Discussion has been brought up many times before, and while its heavily frowned upon it has never been against the rules. You are allowed to warning shot someone as long as it doesn't kill them, hell we used to knife people back in the day as CTs (just for the fun of it). The counter to this is that if you warning shot someone with an AWP and it does kill them, that is considered a free-kill. Most of the time you really should be using a different weapon.

• Like 3
Edited by BoM

• Content Count:  1266

Discussion has been brought up many times before, and while its heavily frowned upon it has never been against the rules. You are allowed to warning shot someone as long as it doesn't kill them, hell we used to knife people back in the day as CTs (just for the fun of it). The counter to this is that if you warning shot someone with an AWP and it does kill them, that is considered a free-kill. Most of the time you really should be using a different weapon.

This sums it up perfectly; you use the AWP at your own risk in a way. A warning shot is 1-99 damage as we all know, and legging someone with the AWP follows the criteria, even if it does leave you with 10hp, I for one like when people use it, because it shows that either they:

A)Know how to CT and know that it will deter players from rebelling if they have no hp

or

B)Have no clue what they're doing and end up freekilling someone and face punishment

• Content Count:  391

The counter to this is that if you warning shot someone with an AWP and it does kill them, that is considered a free-kill. Most of the time you really should be using a different weapon.

This is not true. Don’t see anywhere in the rules where if you kill someone with a warning shot = freekill.

Edited by Kicks
typo

• Content Count:  678

This is not true. Don’t see anywhere in the rules where if you kill someone with a warning shot it’s a freekill.

Boi wat. A warning shot is 1-99 damage. If they are previously damaged, then yes it’s not freekill, but that’s not the topic we are discussing. We are talking about the possibility of doing over 100 damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  391

Boi wat. A warning shot is 1-99 damage. If they are previously damaged, then yes it’s not freekill, but that’s not the topic we are discussing. We are talking about the possibility of doing over 100 damage.

Reread my post

• Content Count:  4441

If you kill a person with an AWP by doing more than 100 than it is your fault, and a freekill. If you kill someone by doing anything that deals 1-99 dmg that is not your fault. Our server has warning shots where others do not which makes it harder on CTs.

I have no problem with people giving warning shots with AWP's as long as they don't fuck it up constantly. I personally use it sometimes, especially if it's someone with a high possibility to rebel. Right now from my perspective (and I play Jailbreak a lot on T side, a bit on CT) it is not worth changing the rules to exclude the AWP. I don't see people fuck it up very often, and I see many people who are shit acting in their best judgement by not using it.

If this changes and people start using it more than often wrongly I'd probably support a change like this but at the moment this feels too premature and impulsive.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts
clarification

• Content Count:  150

This comes down to how douchey do you want to be. Do you use a pistol to keep them in play (because after all, it's a 'warning shot') or... use the awp and shoot them in the legs, knowing full and well you are going to kill them with that warning shot because you do more damage that way than with your pistol if they are already lit.

I haven't seen too much of an issue with Awp freekills other than the rando that comes in just to freekill anyway, I try to encourage people not to use an AWP for warning shots, but since it's not a rule there's really not much I can do unless they intentionally shoot them in the chest as a warning shot. Personally, I'd like it if they didn't have the right to do that, but until that changes there's not really much that can be done other than trying to kill that guy first as a T so your teammates don't have to deal with a CT like that.

Edit: It also doesn't help with the fact that a single T can get warning shot by 3 different people for the same thing, rendering them at such a low amount of HP, and unless they are allowed to go to medic usually any next warning shot is a kill shot.

• Like 2
Edited by Snootch

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.