? servers

? players online

TTT as it is now and Incentives

• Content Count:  211

This post is a broad post on TTT as it is now 1/4/18, touching on some issues and some suggestions that have been introduced in the past and hopefully new ones that will help benefit the server in a positive manner.

Issues #1 - @All Ts has mentioned in the past that the karma system makes the game way to competitive and that it has its faults (which I agree to an extent). The rdm rank has made it competitive for some players to purposely break the rules just so they can have a higher rank, in this instance I do agree that the karma system does have its flaws. In order to combat this I think the RDM rank should just be deleted because it holds no purpose other than people trying to prove that someone rdmed a lot. However, I personally think that the competitive nature of the karma system outweighs the negatives. It brings back regulars because its fun to work for a rank that not a lot of people have achieved. I also believe having karma tied up with your rank is a great incentive to make players play properly.

Issue #2 - This ones not a huge issue but more of a pet peeve but i thought i might as well include this. As of right now when you type !ktop the top players are always fluctuating with max karma. I think it might have to do with players losing 13337 karma and getting it back making the system think they might be the newest 13337 karma achiever. Not really sure how the system works ,but I don't think its fair for the first few people who got karma first to not be on the !ktop since they achieved it first.

Some Ideas

Currently there's probably about 15 people maybe more who have now achieved max karma. Being a regular TTT player who's already reached max karma, i've noticed that the drive to wanting to play has somewhat diminished which I dont blame anyone for but myself. However, I think something small could be done to give people incentives to play more.

Idea #1 - Uncapping the karma from 13337 would be a great incentive for players to keep on grinding for that number one spot. Maybe after a few months just like a regular reset as it is now (2-3months) there could be rewards for the top 10 or even top 3 players with the most karma. In the end I just want this option to give players who are already max karma something else to work for as it feels stagnant just sitting at 13337 karma.

Idea #2 - As I mentioned above the !ktop is always fluctuating and I think its due time that it needs a rework of some sort. If we keep the 13337 karma I think the ktop should list players in order from who got 13337 from first to last. If we uncap the karma then it would be straightforward, whoever has the most karma to the least karma.

Idea #3 - During the next reset maybe instead of skin rewards there could be a name tag rewards for achieving max karma. I think it would be neat to have seasonal resets with diff name tags for achieving certain milestones, similar to how some surf servers have ranks like noob, novice, pro, and etc. Since im not a coder im not sure how difficult it is and I hope im not asking for too much sorry x.x.

Sorry if I come off as sounding needy as its not my intention in creating this thread I just wanted to help out the regular players i see in and out of the server. I just think there could be a better way in trying to have regulars work to something beyond a max capped 13337 karma. Please leave suggestions, worries, or maybe build off what I already thought of. Huge shout outs to @Snootch, @Exk, and @Zayne B for putting in their inputs/thoughts.

For anyone who actually took the time to read all of this a huge thank you:thumb:

• Like 14

• Content Count:  1423

I can agree 100% with a lot that was said in this post and if I could add on a little to it. I don't know about others but event the simplest things can just bother me and I feel like 13337 is a bit of an odd number for max karma... maybe change it to 15000 even if that was the only thing changed. However out of the three ideas Eden has brought us I like his first one the most. Making it so that we can keep striving to get higher karma would definitely encourage people to follow the rules a bit more to keep getting higher and higher. Once you hit max karma a lot of people don't really care to follow the rules as much as they did because they know that they are no where near hitting below 1k karma and losing karma wont really do any harm to them. Although I don't care too too much about my karma I definitely wouldn't mind being able to get higher and i would push to get higher. However, I too am like eden and don't know much about this stuff so i dont know if it would be hard to do

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4441

The rdm rank has made it competitive for some players to purposely break the rules just so they can have a higher rank, in this instance I do agree that the karma system does have its flaws. In order to combat this I think the RDM rank should just be deleted because it holds no purpose other than people trying to prove that someone rdmed a lot.

I agree with this part in completion. It encourages many people to RDM when there are no admins, kill people who are barely/arguably not even baiting, and overall serves no positive purpose. Speaking for the Karma system I think it has to stay no matter what at this point, even when we push the new update we're going to need it still as it's pretty popular among our players.

Taking a look at everything else. You definitely have some good, creative ideas here. Good thread.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  246

I think that uncapping the karma will help to motivate the people that have max karma to grind some more and i support that idea.I think that people that are able to get to the max karma should get someting from it like name tag or color like you said . IT would be awsome if they can add a prestife systeme like call of duty.Form exemple when you get max karma you get something and in exchange your karma go back to 1000 and you do it again and again.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  829

The rdm rank has made it competitive for some players to purposely break the rules just so they can have a higher rank, in this instance I do agree that the karma system does have its flaws. In order to combat this I think the RDM rank should just be deleted because it holds no purpose other than people trying to prove that someone rdmed a lot.

I agree with this part in completion. It encourages many people to RDM when there are no admins, kill people who are barely/arguably not even baiting, and overall serves no positive purpose.

Am I missing something? Because we removed the RDM rank and the stats for it back in October.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  211

Am I missing something? Because we removed the RDM rank and the stats for it back in October.

Did not know of this and thanks for the clarification. Please don't mind that part of my rant as its been fixed :)

• Content Count:  703

I think raising the cap higher or no cap would be the best decision or maybe just resetting everyone's karma more often just with a lower max karma and awards for players that reach the max karma before reset.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  152

Could we just cap karma to just 1.5k or 2k and be done with it?

Karma shouldn't be an incentive at all, but just a security feature against mass rdmers.

And while we're at it, bring back the original -50 karma for killing another innocent as innocent and -100 for killing a detective, if you REALLY want an incentive for not rdming.

ttt worked fine without an incentive system anyway and I don't see a reason why we would need one.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread