? servers

? players online

I prefer...  

119 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer...

• I have no preference - does not matter.
    • Teamspeak
    • Discord

Teamspeak or Discord?

• Content Count:  11501

Hello everyone...

Just taking a survey to see how many people prefer one over the other. We plan on doing this survey now, doing a week or two trial of discord, then taking the survey again. While this survey is going to be used in the decision-making, it’s not the sole deciding factor. You are more than welcome to post your reasoning, however all we really care about right now are raw votes, because we’ve heard most arguments for / against each.

Thanks for your time!

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

Using Discord will turn away old-comers. Using TeamSpeak will turn away newcomers. Choosing between one or the other (not having both) in this situation to me, does not make sense.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1051

Using Discord will turn away old-comers. Using TeamSpeak will turn away newcomers. Choosing between one or the other (not having both) in this situation to me, does not make sense.

Only problem I see is being active on both. Things like community meetings, ext. would we have them on Ts or Discord? Some players/members might not have both, and at that point it would be favoring one over the other.

• Content Count:  4441

Only problem I see is being active on both. Things like community meetings, ext. would we have them on Ts or Discord? Some players/members might not have both, and at that point it would be favoring one over the other.

I don't see the issue with that at all, TeamSpeak would be more secondary- Discord would have more of our current, active community regulars so it would be more primary.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  305

Having one over the other is pointless imo. You can't make private channels in discord, so people like me who love to type won't be able to. I mentioned earlier that text chat would be difficult. Having both servers would fix all the issues, especially since Discord is free.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread