? servers

? players online

DayZ to PUBG

• Content Count:  4441

I really connected with this video. Pretty much explains why ArmA 2: DayZ, ArmA 3: DayZ (Epoch, Exile, Desolation) players like myself have transferred to PUBG at this point. It also explains why games like H1Z1 have moved away from survival opting to completely rebrand their game around Battle Royal. I look forward to a good survival game in the future that balances fun and survival aspects, but it really looks like it's gonna be a long time before it happens. PUBG is as close as I've ever gotten back to the ArmA 2: DayZ feeling of awesome combat encounters mixed with periods of looting & strategy.

• Content Count:  4441

In my opinion, I say PUBG is like better than DayZ. What do you say All Ts?

I really enjoyed old ArmA 2 DayZ as the purpose wasn't always to KOS, but I'd say as far as Standalone vs. PUBG it's pretty clear which game is better. Standalone requires you to run around with melee weapon's 85% of the time, PUBG gets back to what is good about old DayZ in the fact that it keeps its pace pretty well besides traveling/looting.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  216

I really enjoyed old ArmA 2 DayZ as the purpose wasn't always to KOS, but I'd say as far as Standalone vs. PUBG it's pretty clear which game is better. Standalone requires you to run around with melee weapon's 85% of the time, PUBG gets back to what is good about old DayZ in the fact that it keeps its pace pretty well besides traveling/looting.

Opinions are opinions, and that is what you say. I can't really say anything about Arma 2, but I have seen DayZ.

• Content Count:  2342

Offtopic (kind of):

I always drooled over the concept of DayZ implemented in The Division. Seems a lot more fun with how dense the map would be. I haven't played The Division though, but I followed its progress through the development stages. Below are some changes that would be lit, but might be inaccurate.

- Significantly reduce character HP in The Division to make for more realistic gameplay

- Remove all skills in The Division, replace with soft skills like DayZ is trying to implement

- Extend Dark Zone to encompass the entire map, allowing players to be a rogue agent or an active Division member

- These players could make clans/factions of their own, regardless of whether or not they are rogue

- Leave the Base of Operations as a stronghold for the clan/faction on the server that is able to hold it down and defend it

- Remove side missions, leave the NPC's to replace the zombies of DayZ

What do you guys think?

Reply to Thread