? servers

? players online

Food/fitness tips

• Content Count:  2668

Any workout or food/recipe suggestions are greatly appreciated

The best suggestion you'll get is to learn what your local gym offers and how to utilize the equipment. You can get a million of suggested workouts and plans and they mean nothing if you don't understand the equipment. I highly recommend just getting in a gym and getting used to it. It's a different environment with a ton of machines to learn. When I got my first gym membership at my local YMCA, we had to do a tour where they showed us the different equipment and how it worked, and I wish I had something similar at the next gym I went to because there was double the equipment and half of it I still haven't seen anywhere since.

It seems your in the Preparation stage or early Action stage as you've taken steps toward a better diet. Don't do to much too soon, as that is one of the biggest reason people fall out of the Action stage. Make some short term goals which may or may not be related to your progress. It can be as easy as being able to do 1 more rep on an exercise, or lose a pound in 2 weeks. If the only goals you have or want is to have a beachbody by summer, you're wasting your time with all of this.

Edited by Gator

• Content Count:  11501

I feel like people grossly misrepresent what a preworkout does / can do. Vasodilation preworkouts are amazing before cardio because it helps remove lactic acid (among other things). And creatine has nothing to do with a near death experience lol. Caffeine is what you should probably avoid before cardio...but ‘oh preworkouts are bad before cardio’ isn’t true because vasodilated preworkouts vs. caffeine preworkouts are two separate things.

As as far as sweet potatoes go, the oven is the only method I’ve really tried, but i plan on doing sous vide either today or tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Content Count:  113

Hey there everyone, I decided try to go back to living a more healthy lifestyle after a while of being unfit.

As of right now, I've cut (most) sugary and junk foods out of my diet, and I've been drinking kale smoothies for breakfast and sometimes lunch. I really only ate lean meat to begin with, but I mostly just make something with eggs, chicken, and turkey and whatever veggies for dinner.

I just want to warn you here, about cutting out the sugary stuff. Don't cut it out completely, if you do this you'll find yourself analyzing every single thing you eat going "oh this has sugar" or "that's bad for me, can't have it". Instead learn to moderate the sugar/junk intake, instead balance it with daily exercise. If you do this you will find it much easier to reach your fitness goal.

Also, kale is great for you, but I would expand to other veggies. Greens are good, but so are other veggies. The more variety of color the better (like the sweet potatoes Caution suggested). I wouldn't replace these smoothies with your lunch either (idk if you are or if I'm misunderstanding). Instead have them with your food. If you don't really know where to start for food or how much of each group you should be eating the MyPlate website is a really good place to start. It really only give averages based on average intake of a person, but if you're starting from scratch its a good start until you get used to portion sizes and counting stuff.

You've gotten a lot of really great advice here and I think you're on the right path. Good luck with it.

Reply to Thread