? servers

? players online

PUBG Test Server Upd. & Miramar

• Content Count:  4441

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news.pu

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1462969633594470781

What do you guys think of the new PUBG update about to roll out?

Vaulting/Movements

I really like the vaulting even though I thought I would hate it. Been jumping out of buildings I would normally feel stuck in and making nutty plays on squads. Even the nerf to jumping up hills makes the game feel a lot more skill based rather than just cheesing people.

Vehicles

One of the big things I don't like about the update is that the UAZ is a piece of shit to drive around now. An upside to the vehicle rework is that the motorcycle without the side cart is impossible to flip now. The sound of the cars and the plane is no longer complete ear rape material, which is nice.

Weapon Update

I like what they did with the weapon balance as guns just feel a whole lot more skill based than going "???" wondering where your bullets are going. I found myself trying to put an 8x on an M16 crying a bit on the inside but with the 4X looking a lot nicer I'm not too upset. The 8X zooming in and out with scroll wheel is pretty useful but is something weird to get used to. Bullets penetrating water is going to be a lot nicer as people can't just cheese you by jumping into the ocean. I got a chance to use the DP-28 while elevated and the thing is a fucking monster if you position yourself correctly.

Optimatization

One thing I do find to be nice in one way- not nice in another is that the game runs a lot faster but it looks noticeably worse. I played around with my ReShade settings to get it to look somewhat like the current official patch but couldn't get it exact.

For those of you haven't seen, they released screenshots & the map of the new map Miramar.

gaRmYUn.jpg

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/107.pu

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  660

God bless finally. Only 2 problems with pubg for me right now- jumping is aids (this should be better with vaulting) and the optimization is terrible. Idc if the game looks like trash as long as it runs well I'll be happy. Looking forward to the update hopefully it's good.

• Content Count:  11501

On March 3, 1969 the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. Its purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to insure that the handful of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world.

They succeeded.

Today, the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School.

The flyers call it:

TOP GUN

Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  701

I thought the new map would be a fresh breather, but atm I prefer the old map. I think it's particularly the desolateness of it that makes me dislike it. I do like the fact that the buildings in the new map are really hard to camp in. I really like the new UI implemented, and the fps in game is great. If they translate it over to the real server, I'd be thrilled to play again.

Vaulting: Love it, it's not cheese enough to be OP (like jumping out the window) since it breaks the glass and makes noises. It's definitely a huge step up for me because it just creates more opportunities in building scenarios.

Vehicles: The sound reductions my favorite part of it. I also like the fact that they added little details too (shifting gears noise while driving).

Optimization: I haven't noticed it looking visibly worse but I don't even know what my settings are on the test server. The only thing I noticed was my FPS being a lot more stable and higher. I did get a bit of a headache from playing, but I could attribute that to many other things (life stress atm and perhaps the strain from staring at a computer screen for an insane amount of time).

Overall, I'm excited for the overhaul. I really like the new UI at launch. The ready button, the team settings, and the gamemode selection is clean. The ingame UI is cleaner too, though the new position for kill feed is kinda strange for me. While it's more akin to csgo now, I'm used to looking at the normal position. Maybe it'll be more comfortable for me as I play.

• Content Count:  1423

This is pretty late to the discussion but for me the new map is way better than the old one. I find the challenge to get to the zone now more fun and I am seeing a lot more fights outside the zone which makes it a whole lot more intense. Not only that but the buildings seem to be pretty different from each other on this map as opposed to a million of the same houses on Erangel. The cars are a little bit harder to find in my opinion (I rarely find a car and when I do I'm normally already at the next zone) and to make one more comment... I'd like to say vaulting is amazing and completely changes firefights in many different ways and can save you in the beginning if you can't find a gun.

• Content Count:  4441

I like the old map better tbh, way too much clutter, too many different building types, confusing terrain, bad vehicle spawns consistently. The old map has its issues, but I feel like they went way too far in the other direction with Miramar.

The good parts is that the loot is fairly good, the drops in big cities are more fun, tends to be more action, and more cover around the map cause of the terrain. As far as the Miramar specific content the new weapons are pretty awful, and the van feels fucking useless. I feel like the new map is meant to be played in third person sometimes cause of how fucked you can get from so many angles.

• Content Count:  1423

I can see things from your side but at the same time a lot of those things you don’t like I enjoy having. I think it’s all really just personal opinion for what you like and don’t like.

Reply to Thread