? servers

? players online

Ratio

• Content Count:  5377

How is reporting an admin for enforcing a ratio they shouldn't be enforcing and flexing their e-peen doing their duties? Lol

Q- Is there a required ratio of CTs to Ts?

A- The preferred ratio of CTs to Ts is 1:2. This is not a 100% hard limit, as 9 CTs to 15 Ts is much preferred to 8:16. Depending on how things are playing out, being one or two off from 1:2 is fine, but try to always aim for 1:2.

straight from the FAQs

I will personally laugh at any complaint that comes from anything other than excessive stacking either way.

• Content Count:  4441

straight from the FAQs

I will personally laugh at any complaint that comes from anything other than excessive stacking either way.

I'd have no problem with people reporting an admin if they were making the server less fun by enforcing a dumbass ratio like many of our admins have. They aren't supposed to be keeping it 1:2 constantly, simple as that- it can absolutely ruin the server. Literally says it in the FAQ you just cited.

I'd have no problem with people reporting an admin if they were making the server less fun by enforcing a dumbass ratio like many of our admins have. They aren't supposed to be keeping it 1:2 constantly, simple as that- it can absolutely ruin the server. Literally says it in the FAQ you just cited.

This is not a 100% hard limit, as 9 CTs to 15 Ts is much preferred to 8:16 depending on how things are playing out.

circumstantial situations which I'm sure many of the children who play jailbreak will miss interperate your post to mean that the server should never have to be exactly 1:2 and in a sense it shouldn't but their are times when it is beneficial to have a stricter ratio (such as maps like the legos where cts have huge advantages in lines of sight and can usually win more rounds than they lose if they're competent) and as such having admins reported for petty things like enforcing a true 1:2 ratio in those type of scenarios would be ridiculous.

being one or two off from 1:2 is fine, but try to always aim for 1:2.

Being 1 or 2 off from a perfect 1:2 is fine, sure, but when we have admins getting reported for fixing a 9-12 ratio all stemming back to one post that a server admin made in a rules discussion it becomes a hassle that I personally do not want to deal with. Please do not embolden people like buggatialan with absolute statements on situational issues.

• Content Count:  4441

circumstantial situations which I'm sure many of the children who play jailbreak will miss interperate your post to mean that the server should never have to be exactly 1:2 and in a sense it shouldn't but their are times when it is beneficial to have a stricter ratio (such as maps like the legos where cts have huge advantages in lines of sight and can usually win more rounds than they lose if they're competent) and as such having admins reported for petty things like enforcing a true 1:2 ratio in those type of scenarios would be ridiculous.

Being 1 or 2 off from a perfect 1:2 is fine, sure, but when we have admins getting reported for fixing a 9-12 ratio all stemming back to one post that a server admin made in a rules discussion it becomes a hassle that I personally do not want to deal with. Please do not embolden people like buggatialan with absolute statements on situational issues.

If some dick for brains misinterprets a post I make where I specifically explain how managing ratio works & what is considered wrong- that's absolutely not my problem. There's a massive difference between me telling people to report admins who are genuinely keeping a 1:2 ratio constantly/religiously at awful times and getting mad at the mean admin for moving you & using the report system as a weapon.

I'm simply telling people how the servers work/their rules work, whether they want to make an ass of themselves by using our complaint system spitefully or wrongly is solely up to them. If they want to hold our admins accountable for being dipshits (if and when they are) they now have the ammo to do so, which I have zero problem with.

If some dick for brains misinterprets a post I make where I specifically explain how managing ratio works & what is considered wrong- that's absolutely not my problem. There's a massive difference between me telling people to report admins who are genuinely keeping a 1:2 ratio constantly/religiously at awful times and getting mad at the mean admin for moving you & using the report system as a weapon.

I'm simply telling people how the servers work/their rules work, whether they want to make an ass of themselves by using our complaint system spitefully or wrongly is solely up to them. If they want to hold our admins accountable for being dipshits (if and when they are) they now have the ammo to do so, which I have zero problem with.

This really is a non-issue for the server at this point in time as the only admin that I've had the misfourtune of dealing with for these kinds of things has long since been removed from his position.

• Like 1
Edited by idealist

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.