? servers

? players online

Re-add the Minecraft Server?

• Content Count:  26

I know that personally, my friends and I would like to see a return of the Minecraft server that was once the best server of SG (but was sadly made inactive). Let's start a petition in the comment section; every +1 in the comments or a "thanks" is a vote towards the return of the Minecraft SG server. Heck, I'll even be an admin if you REALLY need someone to help Mod the chat or ban cheaters.

• Content Count:  5055

We already tried having a S-G Minecraft server at least 3 (if not more) times in the past, and each time we do the population is alright in the beginning but it eventually dies down in a month or two to the point where the server is empty because everyone gets bored of it or some similar reason. At this point I doubt that we'll be getting a Minecraft server up and running any time soon.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

Problem with minecraft and almost any other non-CS:GO server idea is that they don't tend to have population turn overs. Meaning they do not have high volume of people looking for new servers to play on. Most people have their server they play with from other friends and rarely they are going to play on random servers themseleves.

To even reach the very few people who are looking for new servers you literally have to spam reddit and other server advert sites to gain 10 players. In the end there it's just not worth the effort.

As dictated in the past we just do not have a large enough player base to even launch these kinds of games and even if we got to a good start these games aren't very good typically for people to jump into down the line because other players are long past the stages for new players and this heavily discourages new people.

Tl;Dr our community cannot carry or sustain servers like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  4441

I do not want an SG minecraft server but..

I completely disagree with the blanket notion constantly given that if you host something once on a game and it's not successful it won't be successful EVER again. It just ignores so many factors when it comes to something like hosting a server (who's playing the community, what type of server, who's managing it, how do we promote it, how popular is the game). It's such an absolutely ignorant statement that I see thrown around about so many servers we "tried" to host but will probably not revisit again.

I will however agree that if we were to do it like last time, where it's just something fun & different without many plugins/mods at first it will just die out as everyone gets bored- which hosted independently I have no problem with in all honesty. It might not be my cup of tea but here's an example, @Extreme Potatoes was hosting his own little server for all us SG guys to fuck around on in Garry's Mod playing Melon Bomber almost as just a fun little monthly get together-ish type thing, that's how I see something like a Minecraft server unless someone actually came forward with an idea of what they wanted it to be, who they wanted managing it, who actually wants to play it etc. If someone like @Post and @Mad Dogg hosts something somewhat independent of SG like they did-by themselves I don't see an issue with it. I believe that generally SG isn't likely to pull up one of these servers and have it be successful for a plethora of reasons that isn't "we've already tried this", it takes a lot of work to make a server on that game and it requires tons of effort/experience/connections that we simply do not have.

Basically what I'm saying is, fun little community type thing- sure.

Actually adding it as a server- never gonna work unless we actually realize how that games servers work.

• Content Count:  4798

Factions, survival, FTB, Tekkit, a bunch of other MC mod packs I cant remember, several more factions, some attempt at RPG, more survival servers, all advertised and with custom built spawns that I spent days (or sometimes weeks) building. I myself, Nishok and many other great people in this community took a crack at this and sometimes it did do well for a while, but ultimately it just died. The golden age of SteamGamers Minecraft (IMO) was 2010-2012 and it did not have some complex modpacks with an insane amount of content: the community was just different and people made the server fun and filled it with adventure.

I recently started playing on a new awesome Minecraft server (can not advert it here, alas) that only reinforce this conclusion for me. I have moved on and I hope you guys do as well.

• Like 2
Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread