? servers

? players online

Off mic orders

• Content Count:  217

Greggy and I were discussing this in the server, Since the new off mic order is ALWAYS 15 seconds do you still need to say "all t's off mic for 15 seconds" or it doesn't matter since its always 15 seconds?

Edited by Brian
shit grammer

• Content Count:  418

I'm fairly certain that there's always gonna be that group of people that'll say "You can only keep us off mic for 15 seconds" since they're just not sure who knows the rule or not. Honestly I think it's best to just add 'for 15 seconds' or 'off mic until (whatever is 15 seconds later)' since it just saves the effort on both sides. You let the Ts know you know the rules and they won't question it and the game goes on.

That said, it's not required at all. You can say off mic and warning shot those who speak, no matter the reason why they choose to keep speaking.

• Content Count:  4441

This is a good question, and I understand why you're asking it.

The rules state you can't go over that number because we don't want people abusing that order, it's always supposed to be used to give another order. If you tell everyone one to be off-mic, give your order and clarify that they can go back on mic, there shouldn't be any confusion because the only reason the order should be used is in situations where Prisoners are being rowdy and you need to give an order. If people are giving this order and never telling the prisoners to get back on mic within 15 seconds they are breaking the rules. As stated already giving the time interval is useful just in terms of communicating to other CTs who may not know the rules properly, but also so that Prisoners who don't hear your on mic order aren't sitting afraid to be shot for the rest of the round. As many things that are on the server recently the high player population is making us have to deal with issues we wouldn't normally have to deal with and I think over time we'll come up with solutions to the problems that aren't stipulations but rather physical additions to the server. We could add some kind of "must state a time/interval" stipulation but I have always not liked the idea of adding too many rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.