? servers

? players online

Voting lag

• Content Count:  1109

As seen in the video the voting menu popping up lags you for a small moment, but it's honestly so bad that if you're going for a good run you may as well restart when you see the countdown.

assuming this isn't just something that only happens to me, could this possibly be fixed?

Edited by Matty

• Content Count:  1592

From what I remember, it was because of the sheer amount of maps surf has. Either someone would have to optimize the plugin or replace with a different one that would handle it better *my guess btw*

I do agree on it being annoying tho, as I always prepare mentally and physically when I see the countdown :lul:

• Content Count:  1109

From what I remember, it was because of the sheer amount of maps surf has. Either someone would have to optimize the plugin or replace with a different one that would handle it better *my guess btw*

I do agree on it being annoying tho, as I always prepare mentally and physically when I see the countdown :lul:

iirc we had the same problem on source

just don't remember how it got fixed...

I think the voting menu is part of the timer though so I'm not sure if it would be as easy as replacing it with another plugin

edit: anyone opening the nominate menu freezes the server for a second in a similar fashion

Edited by Matty

• Content Count:  3998

The problem is caused by the massive amount of maps on our nominate list. If we were to keep the system as it currently is I'd have to go through and remove a couple dozenish of the shittier/less popular maps from the server, which is probably the best way to go about it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2693

So many runs we're ruined because of the map vote, I just wish there's a way to opt out.

How have your runs been ruined? This thread is 3 years old and the server has improved a lot since then. I have never experienced lag due to the map vote menu.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread