? servers

? players online

Poke Players Plugin

• Content Count:  5108

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=274679

It seems like a really useful implement for administrating as I know some players either don't see chat/choose to ignore chat. The message comes right up in the middle of their screen right over where the player's crosshair would be so it's impossible to miss. I know we have a bunch of difference say commands (asay, csay, hsay, etc) but I believe this makes the player have to exit out of the message so there is really no way someone can say "I didn't see it pop up."

Haven't tested this plugin out myself as I no longer have a test server, but I assume it works just fine although I don't think there has been support for it in the past couple of years. While I do recognize this isn't necessary, I feel it can be a good addition to the rest of the tools on an admin's belt.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3052

Looks like the plugin uses a bit of php to work. It originally would have worked through the coders website, but that website no longer exists. We would have to go in and rework the code for our own use. I haven't looked into this yet

• Content Count:  5375

This is pretty much a different version of private message then? I think I've only had a handful of times where the private message feature didn't work.

I'm down for trying it out though, might help on servers like ZE.

Yeah, everytime I've used psay it's worked tbh.

Judging by suri and labarr's responses though looks like the plugin is extinct anyways.

• Content Count:  1592

It's definitely VISIBLE, but tbh it's more annoying than it is helpful. If I'm correct this would block all your interactions with the game until you press the OK button and combined with active gameplay it would make people go nuts imo.

I personally think it's not needed and here's why (in a nutshell):

- annoying pop up

- psay, hsay or mic work just fine (and you can always kick after failed attempts)

- we didn't really consider it big of a problem

- in the end it's just another plugin that server has to load (and to be fair, be it lightweight or not, the less the better)

- atm doesn't work (apparently)

Overall it would be used very rarely if anything. However, I still appreciate the suggestion :) (so I don't sound like I'm trying to roast someone for this :lul:)

On the other hand, if you're looking for something like this, a simple HUD message (similar to how /hsay works) would work just fine.

• Like 1
Edited by Punky

• Content Count:  6759

It's definitely VISIBLE, but tbh it's more annoying than it is helpful. If I'm correct this would block all your interactions with the game until you press the OK button and combined with active gameplay it would make people go nuts imo.

I personally think it's not needed and here's why (in a nutshell):

- annoying pop up

- psay, hsay or mic work just fine (and you can always kick after failed attempts)

- we didn't really consider it big of a problem

- in the end it's just another plugin that server has to load (and to be fair, be it lightweight or not, the less the better)

- atm doesn't work (apparently)

Overall it would be used very rarely if anything. However, I still appreciate the suggestion :) (so I don't sound like I'm trying to roast someone for this :lul:)

On the other hand, if you're looking for something like this, a simple HUD message (similar to how /hsay works) would work just fine.

^ exactly why I didn't want to add it to ZE. He nailed all the points imo. The new hsay is quite visible and as effective if you want to use something similar to get attention

Reply to Thread