? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [September 21, 2017]

• Content Count:  4441

I can answer this with some level of certainty.

From personal experience Fear is much better than Love in the grand scheme of things, but that isn't to say there isn't room for both in your life. Be able to love those who are by your side and let those who decide to wrong you know they will not get away from it unscathed and that on some level there will be consequences. Don't be that guy who lets people step all over him, but don't be that guy who makes others live under paralyzing fear.

People were much nicer to me when I was a scary absolute fuckwad of a human being & were practically on my dick constantly. As soon as I stopped or attempted to change all of those people who I thought were my friends either stabbed me in my back, actively encouraged me to be a douche or held the shit I did over my head from the past.

I'm bad at the whole being nice thing cause I don't know how to balance being nice and having to look like an asshole for the sake of whatever I'm trying to do. The other thing that tends to be such a fucking issue nowadays is that people are so goddamn sensitive that you could end up making someone feel threatened or entice fear by merely having a fucking conversation or argument with them.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts
grahhhmehr

• Content Count:  1401

Interesting question, love these :larry:. Our entire society is build on fear, fear to not fit in, fear of not producing enough,... In a sociology point of view it is what it is. Looking at school, kids are "programmed" to get high scores, if not they need to do redo things, resulting in kids being afraid of this especially with our society being what it is "produce/ be productive or you aren't part of us". Or in the school example being held back a year/grade just to repeat it, until you are "approved" for the next grade.

Even here on the forums (which is a more meso society) people "fear" to not fit in or be part of the group/family, so they end up doing stupid things (there are many examples for this, I'm sure you all know of one). This all results in an increase of depression, suicide, burn outs and also physical conditions such as heart problems, diabetes,... (typical stuff for our modern "first world" society).

I'd like to believe it would be "love", especially since love has been a big part for me lately, but in reality it isn't. Fear is a big factor in our society right now and I don't see this changing for the better... If anything it is getting worse.

• Like 1
Edited by Suri

• Content Count:  305

The answer for me is quite simple, but at the same time, it really isn't.

Fear is a feeling everyone can and will fear in their lifetime. The main cause of fear is orientated towards ones well being, while being evoked by what threatens them. Comparing fear to other emotions wouldn't be justifiable, because unlike those other emotions, fear doesn't need to be be thought of logically, which often leads to the misconfusion of others. Fear is a very narcissistic emotion, meaning in the moment its all about you. Therefore the view of fear, for me, is incredibly insufficient and leaves little room for anything else. When you're afraid, there is no "Am I afraid?", you know that it's so. For other emotions its easy to misunderstand what you're feeling, and mistake anger for sorrow, or even love for lust. Fear in a sense threatens and prevents love, and is a much more difficult feeling.

Some may argue that love is not a feeling, and is more directed towards ones actions. I don't see it this way, however I can agree to some extent, and believe that people mistake love for an infatuation, which is a short lived love. Growing up I was always taught that love was the most important thing in the world, regardless of what form you saw love in. Fear can take you far and have taken people farther than I will ever travel, but love has no end. There's no cap to love, it infinitely exceeds. You can conquer fear, but one cannot conquer love, because love is permanent. Love influences anything you do in life, even though you may not realize it.

Fear may seem more powerful, but if you question and wonder, you will find that it's not all it seems to be. Fear is powered by confusion and selfishness. By loving as much as you can and as best as you can, it leaves little room for fear, making love more powerful.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread