? servers

? players online

Is this against the rules?

• Content Count:  4441

I have to respectfully disagree with the guys above.

I don't think we should allow anything remotely close to it into peoples tags for obvious reasons. There is still the opportunity for people to cause confusion or pass themselves off as admins who are fucking around with their tag.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  605

I have to respectfully disagree with the guys above.

I don't think we should allow anything remotely close to it into peoples tags for obvious reasons. There is still the opportunity for people to cause confusion or pass themselves off as admins who are fucking around with their tag.

Well, this isn't really a bad idea... It's not a good idea either, it's just somewhere in the middle.

The servers specifically state that the official SG tag is [sG], so if someone is being fooled by someone with an [ESS GEE] tag, then they may deserve it lol.

Either way, pretending to be an SG Admin is already against the rules, so I think all the grounds are covered and nitpicking tags would just unnecessary work.

• Like 1

The servers specifically state that the official SG tag is [sG], so if someone is being fooled by someone with an [ESS GEE] tag, then they may deserve it lol.

Things like [GS] and the like are considered to be not allowed but just because people are gullible enough to believe it doesn't mean we should allow people to impersonate an admin on any level- if anything thats a reason to not allow it.

To people like us who have been around SG for awhile things in the community are considered concrete and I feel like there is little reason to allow people to even come close to impersonating an admin just cause it'd take a stupid person to believe them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  605

Things like [GS] and the like are considered to be not allowed but just because people are gullible enough to believe it doesn't mean we should allow people to impersonate an admin on any level- if anything thats a reason to not allow it.

To people like us who have been around SG for awhile things in the community are considered concrete and I feel like there is little reason to allow people to even come close to impersonating an admin just cause it'd take a stupid person to believe them.

I guess what I meant was, having the "No impersonating Admins" rule already covers this kind of rule breaking, including tags that may be used to impersonate or troll. Admins are brought on because the higher-ups feel they're able to make sound judgement on situations and that would include what tags should and shouldn't be allowed.

Personally, I probably wouldn't bat an eye at a [ESS GEE] tag unless I felt the player was trolling, harassing, impersonating, or if it caused other player's to get confused. But something like [GS] I probably would, as it is a LOT closer to the real thing.

In the end, it's up to the higher up's if they want to add a more detailed SG Tag rule. I feel the current 'No impersonating Admins' rule already covers that and allows Admins the flexibility to ask player's to change their tag if they feel it's too similar.

• Like 1

I guess what I meant was, having the "No impersonating Admins" rule already covers this kind of rule breaking, including tags that may be used to impersonate or troll. Admins are brought on because the higher-ups feel they're able to make sound judgement on situations and that would include what tags should and shouldn't be allowed.

Personally, I probably wouldn't bat an eye at a [ESS GEE] tag unless I felt the player was trolling, harassing, impersonating, or if it caused other player's to get confused. But something like [GS] I probably would, as it is a LOT closer to the real thing.

In the end, it's up to the higher up's if they want to add a more detailed SG Tag rule. I feel the current 'No impersonating Admins' rule already covers that and allows Admins the flexibility to ask player's to change their tag if they feel it's too similar.

Fair enough, didn't understand what you were saying- apologies. Definitely agree.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  11501

To answer your question: there is nothing in our rule system that would not allow the aforementioned tag. I'm not sure why people would even ban for GS - as I would overturn that ban instantaneously (assuming the ban was strictly for the tag and not because the guy was intentionally trying to impersonate by telling people he was an admin) if I saw it.

If you guys guys want a new rule, cool - bring it up for a discussion...but you guys definitely should not be banning people for having the tag GS or ESS GEE at this exact moment in time because that's not bannable. [sG] is our admin tag - and we used to even let people from that popular community (drawing a blank right now on their name) use their tag of sG in our servers because it's an obviously different tag...but that's semantical as it's the same letters and I would definitely understand an admin banning for that.

someone being a douche and telling people they are an admin obviously voids what I am saying - if they do that then yes take appropriate action...but someone sitting in a server with the tag [GS] should not be banned...like period. I would be more than happy to discuss the possibility of changing rules and whatnot, but as of this exact moment, do not ban for that.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread